Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Champions League refs

Refs get stick all over the world.
    But the refs in England seem to think they are themselves important and want to get noticed

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Mane goal v Leipzig looked slightly offside. He was ahead of ORIGI.
    It was nice for a change for that decision not be fine combed... lines made bigger and wiggly lines.
    If that was a EPL game ... for sure offside.
    Actually I think he was behind the ball. I noticed that at the time. If you are behind the ball then you are not off. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Actually I think he was behind the ball. I noticed that at the time. If you are behind the ball then you are not off. Isn't it?
    He was behind the ball when it was played
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Oh oh Champions League VAR confirming the refs incorrect decision to award Real a pen, Atalanta's player deliberately fouls Real's forward catching him with his left foot outside the box, he starts to go to ground, the defender swipes at him with his right foot but misses from the replays I saw, should have advised the ref to give a free kick outside the box imo

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Oh oh Champions League VAR confirming the refs incorrect decision to award Real a pen, Atalanta's player deliberately fouls Real's forward catching him with his left foot outside the box, he starts to go to ground, the defender swipes at him with his right foot but misses from the replays I saw, should have advised the ref to give a free kick outside the box imo
    As I said, referees in general are p.poor, and given that they are reasonably well paid 'professionals' they should be held to account a lot more than they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    As I said, referees in general are p.poor, and given that they are reasonably well paid 'professionals' they should be held to account a lot more than they currently are.
    They might have had another angle that showed the defenders attempted swipe with his right foot making contact, the angle I saw a few times looked like he definitely missed

They might have had another angle that showed the defenders attempted swipe with his right foot making contact, the angle I saw a few times looked like he definitely missed
    The first contact (and possibly the one that made the onrushing player to go to ground) appeared to occur outside the box. Therefore it shouldn't have been a penalty. It's not as if it was akin to someone continually grappling with/holding onto a player from just outside the box all the way into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    We didn't get a straight angle.
    Mane looked in front of the ball.
    TV angles didn't seem good.
    But my initial reaction was ffs he is offside.

What about the ref in the European cup final 1985.
    Giving them a penalty when the contact was way outside the area and he (boniek) made a massive dive into the area.

What about the ref in the 1975 European cup final.
    The ref with Anderlecht v Forest early 80s.

I dont agree that refs are any better in other countries.
    But the EPL refs are not brilliant.
    Some over weight.
    Some overzealous

It would be interesting to have klattenburgh give a totally honest opinion about what has gone on at different clubs , especially OT.

VAR let Chelsea and Azpilcueta off the hook tonight for a pull that should have been a penalty and a red, even UEFA don't like Atletico