Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: International Break

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    When he won with Chelsea the 2nd time around, City's project was well under way, they had already won 2 titles.
    There's a difference between winning titles and buying them, we won one, Leicester won one, although Leicester won one when all of the tops sides were in transition and well below their expected performance levels and points accumulation
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Tierney showing Robbo what to do in the areas Robbo is so often wasteful for Scotland tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    There's a difference between winning titles and buying them, we won one, Leicester won one, although Leicester won one when all of the tops sides were in transition and well below their expected performance levels and points accumulation
    Chelsea weren't in transition at that time, they won the title the season before and City won it the year before that. They all had bad seasons but Leicester were there to take advantage. All Chelsea had done was change manager, but that's nothing new. As for buying the title, we wouldn't be champions without paying record fees for Alisson and Van Dijk.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

There you go again. Without selling Coutinho we don’t bring in VVD, Alisson and probably Fabinho.

Chelsea weren't in transition at that time, they won the title the season before and City won it the year before that. They all had bad seasons but Leicester were there to take advantage. All Chelsea had done was change manager, but that's nothing new. As for buying the title, we wouldn't be champions without paying record fees for Alisson and Van Dijk.
    Buying the title is spending incredible sums of money in transfers and wages across your entire squad well in excess of what other clubs bar one or two can compete with, a man of your age should know that, prophetic pop act the Beatles raised the question about you well before your time and no, we won't need you when you're 64

Not a bad international break, no injuries, good performances and goals for a few of our lads, good for Jota to score 3 and not be overused, he'll be banging in a hat trick on Saturday evening

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    There you go again. Without selling Coutinho we don’t bring in VVD, Alisson and probably Fabinho.
    There who goes again? i rarely talk about Coutinho and why he left.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Loooooooooooooooooooooool nice one Kev, can't wait to see him against better opposition when they isolate top class very quick forwards one v one against him, he won't get away with how he persistently fouls those type of players in the Prem in the Euros
    Sarcasm

There who goes again? i rarely talk about Coutinho and why he left.
    You know fine well what Miller means, there you go comparing our spending, mostly from sales to that of clubs who were spending incredible sums to compile entire 22 man squads of 2 top class players or more for every position funded by owners throwing bottomless pits of money at it

Mourinho either had the players he wanted when he arrived at most of his clubs or was bankrolled massively to bring 4 to 6 of the players he wanted in during his very first transfer window, Jurgen had to wait four seasons to amass and squad that could compete at the very top and had to lose key players he would have like to keep to bring some of them in and only got to bring in one or two players at very best he needed or wanted each season

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sarcasm
    I got that Kev, I actually really meant nice one