Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Quarter Finals Who do we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I always felt that our Jurgen looks like a U-boat captain.. up periscope.
    I heard that netflix or HBO were making a new series of Das Boot. Did that happen? The original was really great, even though it looks a bit dated now, very tense. Any one seen the remake? It won't be as good will it. I am struggling to think of any remake ever which was better than the original (although The Departed was a remake of Infernal Affairs both of which were very good)

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I heard that netflix or HBO were making a new series of Das Boot. Did that happen? The original was really great, even though it looks a bit dated now, very tense. Any one seen the remake? It won't be as good will it. I am struggling to think of any remake ever which was better than the original (although The Departed was a remake of Infernal Affairs both of which were very good)
    Saw a remake - don't know if it was Netflix or hbo - did not watch too much of it as it appeared poor in comparison. Seemed to try too hard to recreate the tension of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Saw a remake - don't know if it was Netflix or hbo - did not watch too much of it as it appeared poor in comparison. Seemed to try too hard to recreate the tension of the original.
    NAT Philips would be a shoe-in too!

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Think the new HBO one is on Sky at the minute. Haven't watched it though - loved that show..

Real will be without Ramos, and Kroos for next week's match.
    So not just us with big injuries

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Real will be without Ramos, and Kroos for next week's match.
    So not just us with big injuries
    Ramos is a big loss for them. Red cards and tantrums aside, he does organise that defence quite well. That helps us out a bit.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I wanted Ramos to fall on his big fat arse has our players run through him several times..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Definitely weakens them, if ...IF he misses the tie through injury.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Definitely weakens them, if ...IF he misses the tie through injury.
    Given the propensity of Spanish clubs to engage in lots of s**thousery, Madrid, Barca, and Atletico being the main culprits, I would not be in the least bit surprised if Ramos is either not injured at all, or at least not as badly as us being made out, and that he'll be announced as being in the team just before kick off in order to throw us of guard and unsettle us, Salah in particular.

Salah won't be bothered if Ramos plays or not, neither will anyone else. He will just be grateful he has a great keeper behind him, and not a muppet who cost us the game that night.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.