Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    How do you feel he played tonight ?
    I thought he played very well tonight, I gave him MOTM, I think the back to the future lower line suits him a lot better, and, the thing I always look for with Fab, him leaving an opposition player for transition chasing a tackle he's never going to make when there is no-one to cover him didn't happen a single time, so I was absolutely made up as that's the first time I've seen that happen since he arrived
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I thought he played very well tonight, I gave him MOTM, I think the back to the future lower line suits him a lot better, and, the thing I always look for with Fab, him leaving an opposition player for transition chasing a tackle he's never going to make when there is no-one to cover him didn't happen a single time, so I was absolutely made up as that's the first time I've seen that happen since he arrived
    I had to read that at least 3 times to get what you're at.
    He not bloody superman, but he's a fantastic footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I had to read that at least 3 times to get what you're at.
    He not bloody superman, but he's a fantastic footballer.
    I'm not asking for superman, he is a fantastic footballer, the only thing I have consistently asked for is he learns that when both full backs are forward, and both other midfielders are ahead of him, and the opposition player for transition is in his area, he can't leave that player to go high pressing or go chasing a tackle he's never going to make when there's no-one to cover him

I'll never rate him as highly as most people here do until he shows me he understands that and operates as he did today game in game out, just as Hendo, Gini, Fernandinho, Rodri, Kante etc do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm not asking for superman, he is a fantastic footballer, the only thing I have consistently asked for is he learns that when both full backs are forward, and both other midfielders are ahead of him, and the opposition player for transition is in his area, he can't leave that player to go high pressing or go chasing a tackle he's never going to make when there's no-one to cover him

I'll never rate him as highly as most people here do until he shows me he understands that and operates as he did today game in game out, just as Hendo, Gini, Fernandinho, Rodri, Kante etc do
    Fabinho or Lucas? Who would you have ?

Unless Arsenal win the Europa, they're fast approaching a....fifth(?) season in a row without Champion's League football and are 17(?) years without a Title.

Looking at how Clubs around them are structured, their future doesn't look great. Upper mid-table could very much be the norm for them.

Aubameyang's contract could look very Ozil-esque very quickly.

They were shocking. A club of arsenal's stature shouldn't be resorting to playing every man behind the ball no matter what. In the same way we did want to watch the Owl pull every one behind the half-way line. I'd be very worried if I were an arsenal fan.

It's amazing what a few wins do to people's perspective - a month ago we needed to sign at last 2 new CBs. Now we don't need any 😁.

I can't praise Phillips enough. He's been brilliant since he's come in. If Klopp had trusted him a little more we'd be in the top 4 now rather than chasing it.

Even if he is in a purple patch or playing way above his level, he absolutely deserves a place in the squad next season.

Kabak has looked a lot more assured over the last couple of weeks. Think having Fab in midfield is filtering the amount of attacks the defence are having to face.

If we can just fix Mane and Bobby, we'll be laughing again next season.

Arteta is living off a BCD cup win for some reason Tyler was trying to big him up he has two trophies in 16 months.

Then stats came up to say his first 50 games are worse than Emery/Wenger last 50 then they tried to cover it up by saying “He has a game plan” yeah one you would expect Rochdale to use against us not Arsenal !

Anyone we need to be signing Kabak he is too good to not sign at £18m i’ve been impressed with him he now has 5 clean sheets out of 7 games.

We need to be more cautious with CBs next season I’d go with 5-6 as I keep saying 3 are coming off bad injuries we have been caught out this season don’t make the same mistake next season.

To be fair to Arteta hes took over a club who needed a major rebuild and still do. He hasn't had much to spend either.

What's BCD ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    What's BCD ?
    Behind closed doors.

As I said during the match thread with fans in that ground paying £60-80 a ticket they would be furious.

Tees - yes a rebuild is needed but his style is cowards football that last night was disgusting he had 3 players up front who all cost £50m he gave them no chance.