Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

I just heard the news. My response to it is "good!!!" and "about bloody time!!!".

Everybody knew/knows they are as bent as a nine bob note. Already I've heard those connected to the club "refusing" to accept any wrongdoing. I can't say I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I've started the twitter conversation with the FA, SSN, BT Sport, Talksport and the Premier League, they surely MUST impose retrospective sanctions on City, as in the last 2 seasons they effectively cheated every other UK team involved in all the domestic competitions through gross non-compliance with FFP

Blue Looney Mooney and Filth Cafe would go into absolute meltdown if they retrospectively docked them 12 points for each of the last 2 seasons and stripped them of their Carabao and FA Cups and last season's Premier League, I don't expect the FA to do FA or the Premier League, but it's pretty cut and dried that they won all those domestic titles through cheating all the other clubs who were complying with FFP
    They should be stripped of all the titles they've 'won' since they were taken over, but they won't be, namely because the FA are a spineless bunch who I would not be surprised if they were also 'less than sound'.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Given how much the club's worth, missing out for 2 seasons won't affect their finances that much. What it may do is prevent certain players from wanting to sign for them, though i'll believe the ban if and when it happens.
    The point of the ban is that they have been falsifying their worth, sponsorship that's actually paid by their clubs owners, image rights company owned by their club's owners that is paying a substantial amount of their players wages and more alleged income to the club, both of these being thing that breach FFP rules. These are just a couple of the ways they're circumventing FFP ergo, when they have to put honest income figures together that are minus genuine sponsor bonus payments for Champions League participation and minus prize money and TV money and have to declare their genuine player wages, they WILL NOT be able to keep their current players on their current wages, they will automatically be in breach of FFP, they'll HAVE to sell players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

TWO seasons TWO SEASONS! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    They should be stripped of all the titles they've 'won' since they were taken over, but they won't be, namely because the FA are a spineless bunch who I would not be surprised if they were also 'less than sound'.
    It's their finances that are being scrutinised, they haven't done anything wrong ON the pitch, apart from win more trophies than anyone else in the last few years. Let's face it, if this was Man Utd getting a ban, no-one would bother as they haven't stopped us from winning the title twice in 5 years.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Pep, how many seasons without CL football?

EDIT, well done 19, beat me to it...............still a goodun.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

It's their finances that are being scrutinised, they haven't done anything wrong ON the pitch, apart from win more trophies than anyone else in the last few years. Let's face it, if this was Man Utd getting a ban, no-one would bother as they haven't stopped us from winning the title twice in 5 years.
    Ahem, the point is that the Premier League and FA are supposed to be working with UEFA and also act against clubs who breach FFP, this is a case that has been exposed as a severe breach and having lied to the authorities about their finances and gone to incredible lengths to lie to authorities about it.

Or course it relates to what they have done on the pitch, they have had the players they put out and the depth of squad to compete for all domestic trophies by virtue of severe non compliance with FFP at the expense of all the other sides in those competitions that have been complying with FFP, it is in effect cheating, they've cheated every side in every one of those competitions

What they have/had 'on the pitch' has been directly financed by what has gone on 'off the pitch'. They are undeniably linked, ergo those trophies were won illegally and therefore they should be stripped of them.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Apparently the CAS have not be known to overturn decisions/rulings made by sport governing bodies. With that being the case if City do successfully appeal (even if just a reduction) I'd say that more underhand shenanigans may well have taken place.