Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavani Should Face the same ban as Suarez

It's not an insult. Negro or negra means a black, exactly the same as black used to be the politically correct term over here for a black person. Their language doesn't change as quickly as ours in response to political correctness, which is interesting as it makes you realise that behaviour is more important than language because their behaviour has changed, albeit not quickly enough in many hispanic regions.

Negrita or negrito is just a more affectionate way of referring to someone who is 'negro' - exactly the same word as the second least politically correct word for a black person in the English language.

However, you can still use the term insultingly. The question of whether you say 'porque, negrito?'or 'porque eres negrito' is quite significant, but you have to really know the micro cultures to be able to know how insulting it is to say the seemingly more innocent sentence - the former of the two - because referring to someone's colour in a dispute is not normal unless its normal.

I know a 12 year old who got into massive trouble being overheard referring to his best mate as 'ni***r'. As usually happens, the person reporting him had another gripe with him and his defence was 'but that's what we always call each other'.

So my opinion is all the virtue signalling, from Sir Alex to Evra to the FA to the media, was emanating from a lot of crocodile tears. The forced apology from Suarez was sad as I imagine he is a lot more comfortable with and loving towards black friends than many of his white persecutors. The same with Silva towards Mendy. Sure, you may wish to pull these people up on certain issues but you won't convince me that you are less racist than the supposed perpetrators because you have your language sorted out nice and tidily.

As with most, if not all others areas of life, actions speak louder than words, or at least they should.

Hes got a 3 game ban
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hes got a 3 game ban
    Which means he is back for our game who’d have thought it

I tried to look for that conspiracy but hes back for the game before ours but Cantona came back for our fixture and same happened with Rio. after they both had long lay offs. now that's iffy. But thats bygone times
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I tried to look for that conspiracy but hes back for the game before ours but Cantona came back for our fixture and same happened with Rio. after they both had long lay offs. now that's iffy. But thats bygone times
    Might need to check again Villa City and Watford then us.

Although there is talk they want to fit the Burnley game in before they play us.

I remember that game when Cantana came back. Robbie Fowler shoulder barged Neville out of the way, before lobbing Schmeichel for one of his goals.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Hes got a 3 game ban
    That is totally ridiculous.
    Should have been no games.
    And perhaps a token fonevto go to a charity
    Like BLM

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    That is totally ridiculous.
    Should have been no games.
    And perhaps a token fonevto go to a charity
    Like BLM
    Wouldn't happen if he was english

#Foreignlivesmatters

What I dont get is Bernardo Silva got a one game ban but Cavani gets three.

Its not like they are making it up as they go along.

The authorities need to get some rules in place for all teams/divisions.

The easy soultion is dont post on social media but players not agree to that.