Page 226 of 248 FirstFirst ... 126176216219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233236 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

Other countries seemed to close the border quick and got it under control, no??

We failed every single time with doing that, if there was 10 new strains in the world, we'd have 10 new strains of it here.

Wouldn't help now it's too far gone I agree

Not aimed at you btw! just found it funny, some people are generally like this ^
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th January 2021 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Other countries seemed to close the border quick and got it under control, no??
    No they didn't. If we want to understand the differences between the death rates of different countries, we have to look beyond our imagined explanation - the lockdowns succeeded or failed - and closer at actual explanations (now that we know that isn't true) such as metabolic health, pre-exisiting immunity (as with the East Asian countries who are more exposed to coronaviruses), demographics, and in the case of the comparison between Sweden and its Scandanavian neighbours, the severity of the previous season in terms of the vulnerable aged who are ready to succumb to a respiratory virus.

The video I posted above recently examines these differences in detail and compares countries with a very strong military dictatorship type lockdown, such as Peru, who did worse than its neighbour who underwent no lockdown - Brazil.

We have had severe lockdowns here. Scotland has done very badly in global comparison terms, for example. If we had a low season in terms of mortality you would probably be saying it was due to lockdown. As we have had a relatively poor season in terms of mortality you are convinced it is due to a failure of lockdown and not getting it 'under control'. That logic is missing an essential component - being able to know the difference.

I am completely aligned the instincts of that gym owner by the way. If we had listened to him instead of Neil Ferguson we would be in much better shape and probably have less deaths over all. The mocking of him in the media is a sign of our being brainwashed, in my opinion, and will serve the new totalitarian formation very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    No they didn't. If we want to understand the differences between the death rates of different countries, we have to look beyond our imagined explanation - the lockdowns succeeded or failed - and closer at actual explanations (now that we know that isn't true) such as metabolic health, pre-exisiting immunity (as with the East Asian countries who are more exposed to coronaviruses), demographics, and in the case of the comparison between Sweden and its Scandanavian neighbours, the severity of the previous season in terms of the vulnerable aged who are ready to succumb to a respiratory virus.

The video I posted above recently examines these differences in detail and compares countries with a very strong military dictatorship type lockdown, such as Peru, who did worse than its neighbour who underwent no lockdown - Brazil.

We have had severe lockdowns here. Scotland has done very badly in global comparison terms, for example. If we had a low season in terms of mortality you would probably be saying it was due to lockdown. As we have had a relatively poor season in terms of mortality you are convinced it is due to a failure of lockdown and not getting it 'under control'. That logic is missing an essential component - being able to know the difference.

I am completely aligned the instincts of that gym owner by the way. If we had listened to him instead of Neil Ferguson we would be in much better shape and probably have less deaths over all. The mocking of him in the media is a sign of our being brainwashed, in my opinion, and will serve the new totalitarian formation very well.
    What do you make of this 99.95% survival rate stat?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    What do you make of this 99.95% survival rate stat?
    I’m dyslexic so I don’t remember the exact number, but I know John Iaonnides of Stanford University, who is the worlds leading epidemiologist, concluded that the disease is essentially as dangerous as seasonal flu, perhaps a strong flu season. That was from a meta analysis.

Professor Bhakdi says that 3 of 10,000 infected die, making the improvement from vaccinations essentially impossible to assess as the numbers are so low.

The difficulty is with identifying a ‘case’. Professor Wittkowski says that hospitals have been recording hospital flu admissions for decades bow based on symptoms such as fever and cough. That’s how we compare to previous seasons.
    But this year they have started to use positive PCR tests in the absence of symptoms (and therefore disease) to identify ‘cases’. And then they shifted it further still to ‘people dying in a scenario where covid was present’. These were instructions given to doctors in the US for the purposes of death certificates and the like. This has never happened before.

So when Boris says there are 30,000 people with.Covid in British hospitals it is hard to know what that means.

I’ve found the Ioannides study. Here’s the conclusion;

(Notice the end of the ‘results’ has medians of 0.05%. Presumably that’s where that number comes from)

“Results
    I included 61 studies (74 estimates) and eight preliminary national estimates. Seroprevalence estimates ranged from 0.02% to 53.40%. Infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 1.63%, corrected values from 0.00% to 1.54%. Across 51 locations, the median COVID-19 infection fatality rate was 0.27% (corrected 0.23%): the rate was 0.09% in locations with COVID-19 population mortality rates less than the global average (< 118 deaths/million), 0.20% in locations with 118–500 COVID-19 deaths/million people and 0.57% in locations with > 500 COVID-19 deaths/million people. In people < 70 years, infection fatality rates ranged from 0.00% to 0.31% with crude and corrected medians of 0.05%.

Conclusion
    The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 can vary substantially across different locations and this may reflect differences in population age structure and case- mix of infected and deceased patients and other factors. The inferred infection fatality rates tended to be much lower than estimates made earlier in the pandemic.”

Bear in mind that, during Obama’s time in office, 20 million Americans died. Those are big numbers that slide by unnoticed.

At this moment in time we are fixated on death numbers. But they aren’t especially high by historical standards. No matter how horrible the disease seems, no matter how shocking the numbers seem, that remains the case.

Aston Villa have been forced to close their Bodymoor Heath training ground after a "significant" coronavirus outbreak at the club.

Positive PCR tests again. Unless someone knows otherwise, none of these people will actually be ill. And that means as far as the science is concerned, they will not be infectious. It serves as a propaganda tool. The response of the clubs and the FA is basically superstition.

Here is a German/US lawyer who is building a case against governments and the big medi-business corporations who are influencing them to believe the PCR tests are meaningful when he and his team believe this claim is provably unscientific and being used as a tool to increase fear.

They'll wait until tomorrow to decide if our match goes ahead "pending additional testing" but they've already cancelled Sundays match between Southampton v Shrewsbury, just award us the tie already.

Covid stats as of 12th January 2021

Ireland
    Cases 155,591
    Deaths 2,397
    Population say 5 million

China
    Cases 87,591
    Deaths 4,634
    Population 1,442 million

I'm not sure I trust the alleged source of this virus or their stats.