Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Thread: CL and EL places

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I’d be into the bit of euphoria now and again 19. Sounds unreal.
    My God man, it is unreal, if you could bottle and sell it, it would be the best drug known to man, no comedown, absolutely incredible feeling as though you're blissfully cradled in the arms of the almighty himself or angels, I experienced numerous euphoric episodes, regularly and incredible ones, there is absolutely nothing that comes close to it, you'd sometimes get people following you around, even though you'd danced away from them several times, asking you for 'pills' absolutely insistent you must have some and were on one, but having tried E a couple of times only, I can tell you it doesn't even come anywhere close to the real thing, and when it's escalated to and beyond a certain point, nothing and no-one can touch you or bother you, even people following you around asking you for pills, it's like you're there in body but your spirit and all the incredible euphoric joy in you is soaring away to the heavens. I remember my friend Alain would always say "Don't fly to high, you'll be flying on your own" when the escalation was happening, but, I kinda liked flying on my own, it was VERY addictive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Psychiatrists pertinently don't understand the escalation and heights many things can go to without detrimental affect, they think of euphoria as a giddy constantly feeling blessed and over happy state, that's always been really common for me I've never been a materialistic person, my thoughts of "I wish I could bottle this", the incredible other worldly euphoria, was to be able to give some to friends and people I connected with and to give some to the psychiatrists and the ask them if they understood what it was now, and believe me, they'd understand alright

A joke about gambling

What's the best way to become a millionaire while gambling? start of has a billionaire
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What we're you taking the critical safety test for? A job?

Could be roy's last game as he's leaving palace at end of season

Does that make it harder for us? or easier? probably harder?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    What we're you taking the critical safety test for? A job?
    Yep London Underground track safety

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    With that train of thought, it was Houllier who won us the cup in 2005 then.
    At the time i was put out that he didn't get more credit

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Job was a tough one. Replacing Kenny, really not easy, coping with the borderline mockumentary that was ‘Being Liverpool’ would have made things doubly hard.

It was too early in his career perhaps but he wasn’t going to turn down the chance to manage Liverpool FC. Yes he can come across as a bit of a tit, no argument, but got us to within a whisker of the title scoring over 100 goals.

Had to cope with the retirement of Carra - the loss Suarez AND of Gerrard before he was ousted.

Just think he got plenty of unfair stick. He is a former Liverpool manager and think deserves more respect that’s all.
    exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I saw it at the time, fair play to Brenny and Leicester, but the FA and Premier League need to bring in that thicker line for offsides next season, because the footage they review doesn't have the required FPS needed to be able to make an accurate decision using a one pixel line, for Chilwell's offside the line was drawn when the ball was already half a foot to a foot away from Thiago Silva's foot

We had one where because of the frame rate Son was offside in real time, but VAR gave him onside on review using a frame where the ball still hadn't left Lo Celso's foot, likely because the next frame would have had the ball half a foot to a foot from Lo Celso's foot

If a medium quick to very quick Premier League player is making a run at full sprint, they're sprinting at about 10 seconds per 100m time, they're covering 10m a second maybe a bit less, but easier for the maths, but when you consider this, you can't use a one pixel line if you don't have the frame rate to pinpoint the exact split second the ball left a players foot, as in just a fraction of a second they're going to have travelled a distance that will make the decision wrong and floored
    are they using the same frame rate thet we see on our TVs?

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    are they using the same frame rate thet we see on our TVs?
    I've no idea what frame rate they're using, but it's clear it isn't one that can accurately pinpoint the exact split second the ball leaves a players foot, as detailed earlier, in 0.1 or 0.2 of a second, a Premier League footballer can move a foot and a half or more, making the line they use entirely irrelevant and a false indicator of whether the player is offside or not when the ball was played

Quite simple really, if you're sprinting at 10 metres a second, in 0.1 of a second, you're going to travel 1 metre