Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Burnley match thread

Watching the long highlights on Sky now, 3 or 4 really good chances passed up Trent to put the ball in really early past or over the first defender that's just going to hold it's line and go right across the whole box behind all their defenders camped on their own 18 yard box just our side of their penalty spot with four players on to run onto it, turn their entire defence and break their shape, THAT is exactly the area and delivery I keep banging on about him having the chance to put in and not doing, so many great things can happen from him playing that ball, about time he did
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Tell you what, Mo's been excellent this game, no hint at all of greedy Mo chasing the Golden boot of the last 2 seasons, making great decisions and the right decisions consistently, trying to play other players in when they're the best placed, they didn't come off, but only through good defending

Said it pre match, 3 or 4 instances of them winning headers off the back of Fab where he isn't getting off the ground, that needs fixing too, needs to get in the habit of jumping big and strong, getting something on it, doing enough ot stop them getting a good header or unsighting them by jumping

Quote Originally Posted by sydenham red View Post
    Sid if we let him go that would be criminal. Give him a payrise and start him beside virgil in preseason, dont need 2 lightning CBs if our formation and offside trap is good. He's braver and better in the air in both boxes than gomez.
    This absolutely ! he's done everything and more that was asked of him, he will learn so much next to Big Virgil, he is better coming out of defence than people give him credit for, he is composed and doesn't panic with the ball at his feet.
    Getting there.

Assuming injuries subside and we bring in at least one other CB....thank god it will be Klopp that is selecting the first team next season.

Quote Originally Posted by philfatkid View Post
    This absolutely ! he's done everything and more that was asked of him, he will learn so much next to Big Virgil, he is better coming out of defence than people give him credit for, he is composed and doesn't panic with the ball at his feet.
    He's too slow mate, I love everything he's done this season, he's been brilliant for how we've had to play this season, but he's also a part of the reason for how we've had to play as we have this season, because he can't and never will facilitate us playing as we do at our best, he's done a fantastic job for us, but long term, he sadly doesn't fit how we play. I'd love to see him stick around next season as a 5th choice emergency CB and to play cup games if he's up for it

How we would normally play, we leave 2 CBs 2 v 2 against very fucking quick forwards just our side of the halfway line sometime 3 v 2 when Fab does his charging to wherever the ball is and leaves his man, and either of those CBs then also has to have the pace to quickly get to Fabs player and win it from them before they can get on the ball and running at them 3 v 2 looking to play either forward in too

I'm loving how fat Sam is ranting like a mad man.. A no hoper that won fuck all.. Only thing bigger than his stomach is his ego.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

what an amazing job Jurgen is doing..If we win on Sunday that means we have qualified for every season of the champions league apart from half the season when he came in as manager.
    Our form as picked up in the last 2 months..5 wins on the spin if we beat the owl on Sunday..
    If we can manage to win another title before he leaves us and maybe a couple of more cups . That would be a great achievement and very welcome

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I'm loving how fat Sam is ranting like a mad man.. A no hoper that won fuck all.. Only thing bigger than his stomach is his ego.
    His statement about "not being able to commit" to West Brom was laughable.

If you're not able to commit to 2 years Sam, perhaps it's retirement time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    His statement about "not being able to commit" to West Brom was laughable.

If you're not able to commit to 2 years Sam, perhaps it's retirement time.
    Yep, all he cares about is big pay days.. No commitment at all.