Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Mo..?

Has Mo lost a yard of pace ?

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Has Mo lost a yard of pace ?
    No, he pissed all over James in their foot race to make it 2-0, I think the difference you're seeing is a consequence of the team evolving and all the players working hard to keep improving, 2 seasons ago Mo used to pick up every ball a run as fast as he could with it in a straight line down our right a lot of the time, now because he provides a lot more than runs in behind in his movement and it looking to play other players in more and got more used to players surrounding him and trying to crowd him out and developed a few nice little tricks and flicks to evade their attentions and hold the ball up incredibly well so much of the time, he isn't running at full tilt a lot of the time, he's keeping the ball a lot closer to him with each touch in most of his play, which obviously slows you down a little when running with the ball compared to knocking it half a yard to a yard in front of you and full on sprint running with it.

I love how he's developing his play and becoming more of a creator, he can develop it a lot further still if he stops being Mr Greedy at times as he gets more used to playing with his head up a lot more and become the creator supreme as well as scoring A LOT of goals himself as I think we all know he has the potential to be, it's getting that head up more when he gets in situations in which there's the potential to score combined with the realisation that when those situations happen there are going to be 2 defenders panicking, charging to close him down leaving Mane, Bobby, Oxlade, Origi or Robbo wide open and then shaping slightly one way (normally away from our player in space) to bring the defenders further away from them, across more with one dropping a little deeper to then ping it to our player in space with his outstep.

Pretty standard 5 a side or 7 a side play, know where your player is, run towards their defender on a slight angle going slightly away from your player to draw their defender across, then ping it back to them with the outstep
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think this youtube highlights the solution to greedy Mo, keep Naby fit, when Naby plays Mo passes
    Damn, called this one, Naby plays, Mo passes and WHAT a ball it was, absolute class

It is noticeable that defenders are right behind Mo when he is on the right flank to stop him turning or passing the ball infield.

It is noticeable that defenders are right behind Mo when he is on the right flank to stop him turning or passing the ball infield.
    Not sure about that Dicko, I think he's just changed his game and for the better, he doesn't put the after burners on or need to put them on as often, but they're still there, also it doesn't matter it he lets them catch up, he just goes back the other way and passes it infield anyway

When TAA knocks the ball up the line to mo into feet (mo facing TAA) defenders are right up his derrier

When TAA knocks the ball up the line to mo into feet (mo facing TAA) defenders are right up his derrier
    Thought they always were when he was facing our goal and it used to be one of his weak points as they'd muscle him off it, not anymore though that's something Origi really needs to work on, it should be a source of constant shame to him that Salah can keep hold of the ball and out strength these huge centre backs (he shrugged off Koubidaly and left him on the deck twice v Napoli ) and powerful full backs when he can't manage to and also that Mane constantly gets in front of CBs miles bigger than him facing our own goal, and out powers them to get hold of the ball and wins headers from longer balls forward ahead of them so often too, Origi really needs to learn to use his considerable size and strength a lot better

They almost never stop him turning or passing if he wishes though. Most of the times he loses the ball are when hes tried something too ambitious or held on to the ball too long.

He ain't lost pace, opposition players are right up his backside right now. He looks better when hes pushed further inside.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Origi really needs to work harder
    He looked knackered last night

I'm a bit disappointed because there is a player

But he doesn't show it enough

Gave players 9, 8, 7 last night but only a 6 for him