Page 115 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1565105108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    How much did they offer him? In my head money must be the issue....he wont be one of the elite earners in our structure.......how much would he get if Madrid or PSG wanted him?........isn't Mane for instance still on 100 grand??? Cant see Winji getting more than him......I don't know the exact figures to be fair.....But he probably sees this as his last chance at a big pay day
    Mane is on around £180k a week.

Gini I believe just over £100k.

It is not money its length of contract going by all our close journo comments.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It doesn’t help Jurgen’s cause when the last 3 we brought in, Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas (around £85m of players) have watched most of the season from the treatment room.
    It's more like £70 million worth mate - at least in terms of what we paid but the point still stands.

We have been as unfortunate this season with key injuries to key players - as we had been fortunate the last 2 without. We cannot forget that we had a virtual non stop continuity of players - great for building rhythm and understanding - BUT massively hard on the players themselves.

All those nerve biting games - like being a goal down with 5 mins to go at Villa and still winning - so many knife edge games ... A clear indicator of a side that is not quite as brilliant as some would suggest. Last season we won it by sheer will. Even if a player is physically fit - can you really expect the hunger and drive to remain in tact indefinitely ..?

Look at the toll it has taken. That allied to some rotten luck is why we are in this pickle..

well said stevy boy last season was a bit of a freak season

I actually think we played better football, and played better more constantly the season before. when we won the champions league too

According to TIA

Players IN:

Diogo Jota – Wolves – £45m
    Thiago – Bayern Munich – £25m
    Kostas Tsimikas – Olympiakos – £11.75m
    Marcelo Pitaluga – Fluminense – £1.8m

Spent: £83.55m

Probably some add ons involved but yeah £70m, £80m makes no odds, point remains.

Must have been two freak seasons then 97 and 99 points consecutively with a Champions League and World Club victory.
    The squad appears to have simply run out of steam physically and mentally, particularly mentally.
    The mistake both Klopp and FSG have made, is that the same group of players could go to the well yet again this season, without some major investment.

And by that I don’t mean spending £83m and recouping £53m as we did last summer. That’s lower half of the table investment, not stay on top of the Premier and Champions league pile.

It doesn’t help Jurgen’s cause when the last 3 we brought in, Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas (around £85m of players) have watched most of the season from the treatment room.
    How is that his fault?

Jota I guess you could say, not his fault everton fucked our players up or the greek got the rona is it? not like he's had a long list of injury's in his career before that (the greek)
    Last edited by Kev0909; 22nd January 2021 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

We have been as unfortunate this season with key injuries to key players - as we had been fortunate the last 2 without. We cannot forget that we had a virtual non stop continuity of players - great for building rhythm and understanding - BUT massively hard on the players themselves.

All those nerve biting games - like being a goal down with 5 mins to go at Villa and still winning - so many knife edge games ... A clear indicator of a side that is not quite as brilliant as some would suggest. Last season we won it by sheer will. Even if a player is physically fit - can you really expect the hunger and drive to remain in tact indefinitely ..?

Look at the toll it has taken. That allied to some rotten luck is why we are in this pickle..
    This is exactly it. And add to that the enormous disappointment the previous year of having accumulated 97 points and still finishing second. What this team has done over a couple of years has been extraordinary - but yes, sheer force of will and good fortune in terms of injuries to key players was also a key ingredient.
    With that ingredient missing, it will be a great achievement to 'get back on the horse' and charge back into the Champions' League places. Which I hope to God we can do.

Must have been two freak seasons then 97 and 99 points consecutively with a Champions League and World Club victory.
    The squad appears to have simply run out of steam physically and mentally, particularly mentally.
    The mistake both Klopp and FSG have made, is that the same group of players could go to the well yet again this season, without some major investment.

And by that I don’t mean spending £83m and recouping £53m as we did last summer. That’s lower half of the table investment, not stay on top of the Premier and Champions league pile.
    it was a freak season , other teams was poor, especially man city and we picked up hardly any injury's and things did go more our way imo, we got kinda lucky with how many games we won by 1 or so thanks to salah/mane + rona distruption

not saying we was shit because we wasn't but I do think we played better in general season before, but man city was also unreal sadly

the performaces slumped after the corona break, and it's been getting worse since

the facts are the facts
    Last edited by Kev0909; 22nd January 2021 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    How is that his fault?

Jota I guess you could say, not his fault everton fucked our players up or the greek got the rona is it? not like he's had a long list of injury's
    I don't quite get the criticism of Klopp over the Jota injury. Jota was on fire. That FC Mitylland game looked like one in which he could fill his boots and keep his confidence bubbling away nicely. People are reacting as if Klopp somehow knew Jota was going to get injured and played him anyway. Which is obviously ridiculous. He didn't know. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Just a real stroke of bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    I don't quite get the criticism of Klopp over the Jota injury. Jota was on fire. That FC Mitylland game looked like one in which he could fill his boots and keep his confidence bubbling away nicely. People are reacting as if Klopp somehow knew Jota was going to get injured and played him anyway. Which is obviously ridiculous. He didn't know. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Just a real stroke of bad luck.
    exactly, in hindsight it's easy to say shouldn't of played him and i've said that a few times I admit.

but how did Klopp know he was going to get injured? was it his fault thiago got sliced up, like VVD did?

only real blame was when Milner played 3 games in a week and picked up a injury that's happened before but he's not counted as a "key player" I suppose.