Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts (2021 Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Darren Bent was just asked a riddle to which the answer was "Nelson" as in "Nelson's Column". When asked "What is his first name?", Darren Bent replied "Sergeant?".

I do dispair. No wonder this country (along with the rest of the world) is going to hell in a handcart.
    'Despair' Noods not 'dispair' ....Really....!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Hopefully he's found himself a nice girl ( or even better, a dirty one ) 🤣🤣
    Not used the 'search posts' facility before but from those results Balinkay's last post appears to be 3rd Feb and his last activity (is that when he last logged in?) was 24th Feb.
    He used to post pretty much every day - sometimes many times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    'Despair' Noods not 'dispair' ....Really....!
    Blame the p.poor predictive/corrective text on my phone. It's forever causing me issues, hence why lots of my posts end up being edited. Trust me, I'm not one of these cretins that doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.

Hopefully Balinkay is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Hopefully Balinkay is okay.
    That's the problem with this forum when someone goes missing sadly you don't know if they've just gone inactive for a bit or something has happened IRL (much like yourself when you vanished) even more so with your problems

Thinking of what to do that's more productive lately instead of video games in my free time, which is a lot atm, i've started doing some fitness , thinking of learning a Lauguage perhaps online, try and self-teach much as possible using the interwebs resources, or if anyone has any ideas??

Probably going to try learn some swedish first, yes I know a lot of swedish speak english still, but it's still nice to know some, also one of the "easier" ones to learn I believe, and a old school friend who's from sweden orignally and went back there after few years of uni here, it would be good to visit him on holiday when the time is right as it's been years.. and sweden is beautiful

Decided I can spend more time doing productive things, than "waste life" on video games, now it's just the matter of finding said things to do.

Spent a good amount of time on videos games in the past, there's nothing wrong with it but I feel like I need to live and do more in the real world, and life is wasting away a little just spent on games, afterall- it's just pixels etc it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 13th March 2021 at 10:52 AM.

Out of curiosity Kev, what age are you ?
    Could you not try and get yourself maybe a trade or go on a barbering course? You get any of them you can work anywhere in the world.

Out of curiosity Kev, what age are you ?
    Could you not try and get yourself maybe a trade or go on a barbering course? You get any of them you can work anywhere in the world.
    28!

And yes but it all costs thousands of pounds now doesn't it?

If only I did something useful at 16-20

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    28!

And yes but it all costs thousands of pounds now doesn't it?

If only I did something useful at 16-20
    You're never too old mate,Can you not get subsidised , Especially after your little episode at her majesty's pleasure last year ? It's something you could look into.
    Anything is possible if you put your everything into it. Yes you may not make money at the start but at the end of it ( as long as you can do the job ) you could be making anything from £80 to £300 a day.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

You're never too old mate,Can you not get subsidised , Especially after your little episode at her majesty's pleasure last year ? It's something you could look into.
    Anything is possible if you put your everything into it. Yes you may not make money at the start but at the end of it ( as long as you can do the job ) you could be making anything from £80 to £300 a day.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Cheers yeah, maybe worth a look but I doubt it, the "support" is a load of shite.

My post was mainly about a "hobby" - yes I need to get something sorted eventually job wise- but taking some time out at the moment, got a bit of money to live off for a bit, nothing major like but it'll do for now, hope I can get a full-time warehouse job or something in the future, something along those lines.

Yes a trade is good but it's affording it in first place- and knowing what you want to do exactly, and taking years but obviously better long-term than some dead-end job, which is the only jobs i'll be able to get without it.

Something I've noticed on sites especially over the past couple of years, builders arn't really allowed to burn anything anymore so everything has to be taken away which costs money.
    The amount of wooden pallets that comes on site fairly adds up. Get yourself a van and go around the sites and ask them do they want you to take them away for them. You take them , cut them up and sell them on through Facebook as firewood and if you get plenty, sell them to fruit shops.
    A mate of mine does this and makes decent money especially in the winter. He now rents out a big shed to store the wood to keep it dry.