Page 602 of 659 FirstFirst ... 102502552592595596597598599600601602603604605606607608609612652 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Grealish to city in the works now. Knew they’d act when they saw what form keita was in.

Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Grealish to city in the works now. Knew they’d act when they saw what form keita was in.
    If (still a big if) they end up with Kane, Grealish and Sterling, they're going to end up getting a phenomenal amount of free kicks and penalties.

As if they need any more "help".

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    If (still a big if) they end up with Kane, Grealish and Sterling, they're going to end up getting a phenomenal amount of free kicks and penalties.

As if they need any more "help".
    I felt there was a bit of a sea change during the euros that refs were less inclined to give free kicks for diving. Even the Ingurland commentators were getting embarrassed by Harry Kane and a lot of talk in some papers before the competition began that Grealish would only be brought on to 'win free kicks around the box'.
    I hope this carries through into the season.

Are we still searching in Lidl for a Gini replacement ? Surely were looking for another man made machine. Don't want to see another player bought in who's body is made out of Doritos.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I felt there was a bit of a sea change during the euros that refs were less inclined to give free kicks for diving. Even the Ingurland commentators were getting embarrassed by Harry Kane and a lot of talk in some papers before the competition began that Grealish would only be brought on to 'win free kicks around the box'.
    I hope this carries through into the season.
    Unlikely this is the English refs. The referees in the European championships just went out with no bias to any team.
    I don't trust our officials
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not meaning to go off topic. but on the Var thing and the line for offsides being made larger.
    It wont make the slightest bit of difference.. there will still be loads and loads of contentious calls.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Are we still searching in Lidl for a Gini replacement?
    Perhaps not - though, needless to say, I could be very wide of the mark.

Laid out some of my reasoning a few pages ago - top-of-the-page on page 596 of this thread if you feel so inclined.

To add, it's intriguing to me that Elliott has been getting midfield minutes in pre-season whereas Ox seems to be getting his minutes in the Firmino role.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No.
    Anyway, what festival are you putting on?
    Little mini fest on the Isle of Wight...."Happy Daze are here again"
    Any old Rude Boys out there? Got my cousin over with Syramip...
    Last edited by shminkyred; 30th July 2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not meaning to go off topic. but on the Var thing and the line for offsides being made larger.
    It wont make the slightest bit of difference.. there will still be loads and loads of contentious calls.
    But thats the beauty of VAR....no matter what happens the decisions will be contentious....

Because its down to how the Officials interpret the rules on the day.

But now the officials have the opportunity to review an incident properly so they can make an informed decision..

Not just a best guess which was the actual problem before VAR