Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3740414243444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Chelsea (Match Thread)

I can't wait for this cunt of a season to be over, I sincerely doubt we'll make top four because we've broken down far too much of what we did brilliantly and yes VAR robbed us of some form and belief and 9 points minimum, but most of our problems are things we've done to ourselves

Need to get the right players in during the summer, how easy or not that will be without Champions League football remains to be seen, and have a very good pre-season of getting everything working again with all the lads key to that fit and with another CB and a midfielder brought in who are the right players to make sure we can play that way through any injuries or rotation
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Anyone who wants klopp gone is totally insane.
    Shankly had a bad period.
    I wonder in 1981 when liverpool were 12th at xmas if everyone was saying Paisley out !!

Man Utd 1986 to 1992 won near bollock all... fergie out !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I can't wait for this cunt of a season to be over, I sincerely doubt we'll make top four because we've broken down far too much of what we did brilliantly and yes VAR robbed us of some form and belief and 9 points minimum, but most of our problems are things we've done to ourselves

Need to get the right players in during the summer, how easy or not that will be without Champions League football remains to be seen, and have a very good pre-season of getting everything working again with all the lads key to that fit and with another CB and a midfielder brought in who are the right players to make sure we can play that way through any injuries or rotation
    Those games v Everton
    V Brighton
    Were the catalysts towards a negative mind and momentum.
    Obviously the injuries.
    I saw we are 2nd in that league table behind Newcastle.

The constant change at CB. 19 partners.
    And so on.
    Quite a lot to cope with.
    Now the team is feeling sorry for itself.

The good thing in football is you have the next game to put it right.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Anyone who wants klopp gone is totally insane.
    Shankly had a bad period.
    I wonder in 1981 when liverpool were 12th at xmas if everyone was saying Paisley out !!

Man Utd 1986 to 1992 won near bollock all... fergie out !!
    They certainly are, he has made some catastrophic errors, starting last season, but I'm sure he'll learn from them, we haven't got the players available that provide the things that were key to how good we have been and can be for him to accept trying to go tappy tappy and play through sides with the players we had and how they had naturally evolved playing together was always a non starter and revert to our more direct game and it would take a run of games to get back working to the levels to beat teams we should be comfortably rolling over and we won't get that now, he has tried to revert to it, we just don't have the players available to make it work

We've no distribution from CB, no distribution of the kind we need from CM or crossing from any CM, no driving forward from CB to make gaps open up as opposition players have to move to go to that extra player and no target at all for set pieces to either score directly or open up opportunities for other players by how teams are trying to stop them scoring

Shot ourselves in the foot playing Hendo at CB and stopping him playing his more direct stuff in the first place when at CM, he created most of our best chances, 1 or 2 a game from CB with the passing he used last season from CM, to connect the same runs, I always maintained the best way to protect our defence was to make sure our press and counter press was as good as it could possibly be with the adjustment to the line, don't think we'd be in such a desperate situation had we done that and benefitted from Hendo's more direct distribution further forward, we have at least created some chances on the evidence of the 1 or 2 a game he was creating from CB when Jurgen reverted back to our being more direct

Jurgen is not without criticism, hands are tied mo needs minding imo.
    There is no fight left in this dog, Chelsea shit housing whole game and we just let them, thats a big sign out spirit is broken for now.
    People calling for naby, he can't be trusted and his game and risk taking would be a huge danger of losing ball in transition and against wiener and mount not a risk jurgen went for.
    Is the boss putting all his eggs in CL basket.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoD12 View Post
    Jurgen is not without criticism, hands are tied mo needs minding imo.
    There is no fight left in this dog, Chelsea shit housing whole game and we just let them, thats a big sign out spirit is broken for now.
    People calling for naby, he can't be trusted and his game and risk taking would be a huge danger of losing ball in transition and against wiener and mount not a risk jurgen went for.
    Is the boss putting all his eggs in CL basket.
    All their chances came from us trying to play through them without the players to do that and too many of our players being in positions to try and be part of playing through and not in the counter pressing positions, so our play broke down, their defence had easy balls to Kante of Jorginho with no-ne place for the counter press on either and they had all day to play their attempted balls over the top or through the channels to release players, 3 or 4 times they had so much fucking time that their forwards ran back onside and repositioned themselves to start a fresh run in behind!

At least with Naby the trying to play through might have come off

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All their chances came from us trying to play through them without the players to do that and too many of our players being in positions to try and be part of playing through and not in the counter pressing positions, so our play broke down, their defence had easy balls to Kante of Jorginho with no-ne place for the counter press on either and they had all day to play their attempted balls over the top or through the channels to release players, 3 or 4 times they had so much fucking time that their forwards ran back onside and repositioned themselves to start a fresh run in behind!

At least with Naby the trying to play through might have come off
    Agreed but Bobby running on empty and not being the presser he can be it was perfect for them. Aprrehension of our players collecting ball on half turn nearly always resulted in a backwards movement.
    Naby and jota need to play now till the end.

I've spent more of my time watching LFC recently, with my head in my hands, than i have for a long time, but it is a perfect storm of negativity against us (injuries, VAR calls, bad reffing decisions,etc..) to criticise Klopp at this moment in time is a little unfair, judge him when he isn't able to motivate/lift a full squad, not at this point in time, KEEP THE FAITH (I pinched that from my Northern soul background)
    Getting there.

Way too much over analysing going on of this that and the other. The players can barely run out there . Watching Chelsea pop passes through what was a half baked attempt at pressing last night was depressing. Bobby and mane have lost all bite and aggression, pace and physicality. Robbo now looks like a hull city full back. They’re absolutely spent and won’t be able to just switch it on for cl. Vvd ain’t gonna sort eff all out either. We need a break and some new players.
    Last edited by eggy81; 5th March 2021 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Way too much over analysing going on of this that and the other. The players can barely run outtthere. Watching Chelsea pop passes through what was a half naked attempt at pressing last night was depressing. Bobby and mane have lost all bite and aggression, pace and physicality. Robbo now looks like a hull city full back. They’re absolutely spent and won’t be able to just switch it on for cl. Vvd ain’t gonna sort eff all out either. We need a break and some new players.
    At last - someone who can see.