Page 100 of 113 FirstFirst ... 509093949596979899100101102103104105106107110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1126

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I am asking you!

But how exactly has it bitten us in the arse? They're above us in the table now - pretty clearly it's not because of a thread on a forum, no? Or do you genuinely think Pogba went "Sacre bleu, they're laughing at us on an online forum, better stop sulking!". Like I said - go through the thread and look past the banter title. We're discussing how they're doing in a pretty civil manner. Stop being fatalistic and look past the title of the thread.

Stoop to what levels? What exactly irks you here?

Regarding the week's results thread - a week's results don't matter. A month's results don't matter - not in the grand scheme of things. The state of MUFC is something that will impact us far beyond this week and this season. This week's thread is not the place for such a discussion.

You seem to have utterly misunderstood why this thread exists and what's being discussed here.
    The state of every team will impact us. Not just united.

You’re not that sharp if you haven’t understood what’s been said about the thread.

Get off your moronic high horse, the thread is stupid as are the other endless demise threads on here.

You're going around telling people they lack class because they're discussing how their team's biggest rivals are doing in a cheekily named thread and yet I'm somehow the one on the high horse? Really?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The demise of LFC online...

You're going around telling people they lack class because they're discussing how their team's biggest rivals are doing in a cheekily named thread and yet I'm somehow the one on the high horse? Really?
    Said the thread lacked class. Never mentioned other people

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Yeah
    Just read this.
    VAR decisions are really beneficial for man Utd
    It was corruption before in fergie days.
    Now he is not on the pitch is he interfering with VAR.

Makes you wonder.
    Man u
    Slightest touch and it is a penalty.

Beyond a joke now.

Yet you can be assaulted and nothing happened.

Let's imagine slabhead gets assaulted like that.
    Red card and penalty.

What I have seen is some clubs get their key goals scrutinised again and again. And the goal not given.

At west ham the ball went out by about 10m and nothing given. Man u score.
    To change the game. Key moment.

They even get a penalty after the game is finished v Brighton ffs.

Too much now. Really too much.
    Independent enquiry is needed.
    Yep Dicko, remember our game v Southampton, defender running into the back of Mane as his leg came back in his natural stride of running, exactly the same as the Villa lad did to Pogbra the evening before, ours nothing doing, theirs a penalty, nailed on, accidental handball blocking a shot on target is a mandatory handball this season, regardless of the position of the arm, except apparently when a player does it against us
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Sure mate, that would hold up in court. Take care.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Sure mate, that would hold up in court. Take care.
    But the courts might not agree with your axioms and such piffle

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Maybe stop bumping the thread to the top of the forum

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    But the courts might not agree with your axioms and such piffle
    Bagh, I could convince them. It'll take a few millenia, but they'll come around.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    How low can they go?

Now that we are flying so high I can't get as much pleasure from their suffering as I once did. I used to look forward to MOTD quite a bit more when they had lost a game. Couldn't give a shit these days. However, this is now a kind of deeper pain that they are encountering, one that might eventually be even a bit deeper than the misery we went through in the nineties, zeros and tens. The delusions that we once had - that we were good enough - are starting to desert them. Gary Neville said he thought Manu U would win the league before LFC last summer, an opinion some posters on here might have shared with him, but that's a different subject.

They have all these ex players as pundits talking about how they are the biggest and best team in the world as if it's their birth right to be at the top, but there is a sneaking suspicion that this might be the end of an era. And the era where they are also rans could last a very long time. I say that as someone who has been thinking we could win the league for thirty years without it happening.

They have been ploughing through the top managers to try and restore the glory days but it hasn't worked at all. It has been a mess. Is Solskjaer a decent manager or inept - can anyone tell? I think they will have to stick with him because they can now see it isn't the managers that are wrong, it's obviously starting to become clear that they have player recruitment issues, despite the usual massive spending. The more they panic, the worse it will get.

Last night the Old Trafford crowd turned nasty and it wasn't Ole they aimed their bitterness at, it was Woodward. This got me thinking again about the argument between Steveo and myself on these boards over the last year or so. Where does the success originate?

LFC had its own demise and it was the end of an era. Our owners fell behind in the race - they didn't know how to keep with the times. Man U were planning differently and started to put something successful together - at that time, talking about people buying shirts in Asia was totally foreign to most clubs, including ours. Breaking the transfer record on someone like Collymore became a symbol of how we had lost pace with our rivals. In that era after our last league title, Leeds, Blackburn, Newcastle and Manu U were all starting to run their clubs differently to historical models. Yes, Ferguson was a genius and they had luck in terms of the talent coming through the youth set up, but they kept signing the best players in the world, over and over again. Even ones you'd never heard of. That's what we have started to do. We've got six players or something in the world's top twenty. How did that happen?

Our recruitment has become cast iron solid. When we buy a player, I no longer worry about how good they are going to be. I know that the manager is convinced, the team has done its research properly, including using statistical models developed by people that don't even know about football, and we are ahead of the competition as a result. The manager, scouts and the owners agree about what is needed. It's a new era of competence.

A mate was telling me that even the Klopp appointment used these methods. He had had a bad last season at Dortmund and they looked at stats to see that his team was actually performing really well but had not had the rub of the green. They brought up specific examples in the interview and he was thrilled that they could see his team were actually playing well despite the loss.

So, my prediction is, the chaos will continue at United so long as the Owners, CEO and board pursue the current model. Doesn't matter if they appoint the best manager, build the biggest stadium or buy the biggest stars, its not enough. The whole, complex organism has to be brought into functional harmony. Even then, as with Klopp at Dortmund, success is not guaranteed. But it's guaranteed not to happen if the club hierarchy is failing.

Not ageing too well this one.

A chastising lesson in not tempting fate.