Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea (FA Cup Final)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yes, but those stats don't tell the story of Mane reinventing himself for the third time now, this time in the No9 position - His better form since that recent seeming completion of that transition and his pretty special so far relationship with Diaz who's the undisputed best option at LFWD already - Jota has work to do, been a great signing, but, too often when he plays if he doesn't score it's like we're playing with 10 men

Mane needs to work more on nicking the ball off opposition midfielders feet with blindside challenges from behind them, to our midfielders feet and immediately making a run to be found in space beyond that midfielder too
    Not quite as enamoured as you are with Mane at 9. His goals per minute record is better than Jotas for the season playing 9, he's doing much better than he did at lwf. Was nonexistent on the right wing.

I'd be quite miffed if I were Bobby or Jota being benched for Keita as said earlier.

Our strongest 11 starts

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson

Keita Henderson Thiago

Salah Mane Diaz

Really looking forward to this final, we've made 3 very poor attempts at beating them in 90 minutes so far this season, I expect this line up to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming and get the long overdue win within the 90 minutes and land our first FA Cup under Jurgen to complete the set

Come the FUCK on Liverpool!
    Surprised you have Konate ahead of Matip.

Both been superb this season when they've played, Matip would be in my best 11 ahead of Konate.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not quite as enamoured as you are with Mane at 9. His goals per minute record is better than Jotas for the season playing 9, he's doing much better than he did at lwf. Was nonexistent on the right wing.

I'd be quite miffed if I were Bobby or Jota being benched for Keita as said earlier.
    You would be, because in your mind we always play or always should play a 4231, you watch and comment on the game as though we're set up in a 4231 when we're not, but Jota and Bobby know we play 433 and that if they aren't in that front 3, they're not in the starting 11 and if they're honest, they know on current form the other 3 are starting ahead of them on merit, Keita playing in the midfield 3 won't even enter their thinking, or anybody else's for that matter, only yours
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That would leave us too open in midfield for me.

It was Keita or Milner at CM and Matip/Konate id say that was only doubt.

Both been superb this season when they've played, Matip would be in my best 11 ahead of Konate.
    I think id edge towards Matip too but think Konate has played all FA Cup games ??

Matip probably plays CL final.

Konate/Matip is the only area it is genuinely 50/50 for me, Konate being unbeaten, having greater pace and power and ability at set pieces combined with Matip's 2 errors in our games v City, each being the equivalent of a final, flashing a leg and deflecting 2 De Bruyne efforts past Alisson he otherwise had covered when that is NOT how we defend and Konate's growing understanding with Virgil just puts Konate ahead for me

I have been Matip's biggest and most consistent supporter and defender here too, those 2 conceding by deflecting an effort past Alisson he had well covered I can't defend

You would be, because in your mind we always play or always should play a 4231, you watch and comment on the game as though we're set up in a 4231 when we're not, but Jota and Bobby know we play 433 and that if they aren't in that front 3, they're not in the starting 11 and if they're honest, they know on current form the other 3 are starting ahead of them on merit, Keita playing in the midfield 3 won't even enter their thinking, or anybody else's for that matter, only yours
    Not really accurate at all here. I've said on numerous occasions we've opted for a 4231 sort of setup this season. You can see it in average positions.
    With Hendo playing a 10 role which his skillset isn't well suited to, he presses well but isn't a 10.
    We adapt our shape routinely enough, klopp playing 442/424 on occasion and adapting the shape up top too.
    I have said we should have used a 4231 in other games, v city recently in the league, v spurs giving you the data of where they lose games, and v chelsea for much the same reasoning as spurs.

I'd take Jota at rcm over Keita. In bigger games Keita is targeted as a soft shoulder. Something which doesn't happen with Jota or Bobby who are tougher men.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    That would leave us too open in midfield for me.

It was Keita or Milner at CM and Matip/Konate id say that was only doubt.
    Find it funny that people say this as in our current system teams like chelsea/spurs, Chelsea in particular cause us issues in midfielder because we play with a 3.
    They make the middle very wide and we struggle to cope. Causing issues fornour fullbacks too.

Hopefully it's fourth time lucky today with the same approach.

Not really accurate at all here. I've said on numerous occasions we've opted for a 4231 sort of setup this season. You can see it in average positions.
    With Hendo playing a 10 role which his skillset isn't well suited to, he presses well but isn't a 10.
    We adapt our shape routinely enough, klopp playing 442/424 on occasion and adapting the shape up top too.
    I have said we should have used a 4231 in other games, v city recently in the league, v spurs giving you the data of where they lose games, and v chelsea for much the same reasoning as spurs.

I'd take Jota at rcm over Keita. In bigger games Keita is targeted as a soft shoulder. Something which doesn't happen with Jota or Bobby who are tougher men.
    No, you see it as a No10 role as I described, it isn't a No10 role, it wasn't a No10 role when Gini was here playing LCM controller sitting more and we played a more attacking option at RCM either

A No10 role is as City use The Bacon, free role, playing right across the line wherever he wants, that's the true No10 role, you even tried to compare The Bacon playing a true No10 free role in what was a definite 4231 City set up to Hendo playing a discipline high block role in a 433 against them in that game

If you can't see or refuse to see that Henderson was part of a high block in that game, I can't help you

Find it funny that people say this as in our current system teams like chelsea/spurs, Chelsea in particular cause us issues in midfielder because we play with a 3.
    They make the middle very wide and we struggle to cope. Causing issues fornour fullbacks too.

Hopefully it's fourth time lucky today with the same approach.
    Yes, but all those meeting have been a 1-2 in midfield, not a 3, a 1-2, which is a lot narrower than the 3 is will be today and the 1 in those games hasn't had the tools to release our full backs or forwards beyond their 5 strung across midfield, although this is the first game it is a 5 in a 352, in the other meetings it's been a 343 from Chelsea