Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thiago thread

The Thiago thread

Just for Steveo, a thread specifically about Thiago where he can post all his musings about Thiago rather than in every other thread

Very average today in my opinion, created 4 big chances for Chelsea, missed a sitter Diaz put on a plate for him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What does Jurgen know - he’s an average joe.

Merci

From fancast

Thiago was Klopp’s unsung hero in FA Cup Final

Thiago masterclass

Although the match in open play was largely uneventful, the hard work put in to get into a position to take it right down to the final penalty was crucial, and Klopp could rely on Liverpool’s metronome Thiago Alcantara to provide the control to keep his team in the game from the centre of the pitch.

According to SofaScore, the Spain midfielder had 107 touches of the ball, completed 79 of his 90 passes (88%), made two key passes, three tackles and one interception. Also, he was successful with 100% of his dribbles and won 11 of his 17 duels, proving that he was massively effective, both hardworking off the ball and dominant in possession.

——————————————-

This tallies with what I saw. And by the Looks of it the gaffer too.
    Last edited by Steveo; 15th May 2022 at 03:27 AM.

His penalty yesterday was pure filth

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I said to my pals that I won't be shocked if he does a panenka. Quality pen. All of ours were except Sadios.

I'd imagine Henderson and Thiago love playing alongside each other - they really compliment each other, I think. When Thiago gets the ball, it's like there's this moment of calm on the pitch. When Hendo gets the ball, there's real focus and grit. And although it's easy to label Thiago as the "creative" one and Hendo as a force of nature, Thiago can fairly snap into tackles while Henderson has a real creative streak. May the pair of them stay fit for the next 3 games!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Absolutely despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I said to my pals that I won't be shocked if he does a panenka. Quality pen. All of ours were except Sadios.
    Klopp took the blame for that one apparently. Saying he told Mane to go to Mendy's left

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    I'd imagine Henderson and Thiago love playing alongside each other - they really compliment each other, I think. When Thiago gets the ball, it's like there's this moment of calm on the pitch. When Hendo gets the ball, there's real focus and grit. And although it's easy to label Thiago as the "creative" one and Hendo as a force of nature, Thiago can fairly snap into tackles while Henderson has a real creative streak. May the pair of them stay fit for the next 3 games!
    Agreed. The 3 of them in midfield are a good fit. The bickering regarding who's better etc is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    I agree with this