Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Thiago thread

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Jurgen seems to like him .

Crazy ain’t it, but then, what does he know..

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    So Miller, these are the midfields we had available and other relevant details of those games, also worth noting Fab at No6 in almost all of them, Henderson's record in the league starting at No6 this season is P8 W7 D1 I believe

Brentford away draw Henderson Fabinho Jones - Early season lots of joy for Brentford against both Virgil and Matip going long to Toney with 2 runners quickly joining

Man City Home draw Henderson Fabinho Jones - No trent for this game, Millie caught short at RB for one goal, Big Bear also at fault getting his angles wrong, Matip breaking our defending rules to deflect the other past Big Bear

Brighton home draw Henderson Kieta Jones - Keita off early injured, replaced by Oxlade, Ox and Jones a disaster in the press and counter press second half, even the Echoe doing a feature on how bad they were

West Ham away defeat Henderson Fabinho Ox - VAR stitch up on their first goal, it being given despite a clear foul on Alisson and Cresswell not seeing red for a studs up challenge of Hendo's knee, collective errors by Fab, Robbo and Big Bear for their winner

Spurs away draw Kieta Milner Morton - Further VAR stitch ups Kane not given a clear straight red and Jota denied a clear penalty

Leicester away defeat Henderson Fabinho Ox - The Jurgen told the lads to relax a little more and enjoy their time with their family a little more over Christmas as we had a game postponed, Mo missed a penalty first half and we missed several other chances

Chelsea away draw Henderson Fabinho Milner - We haven't beaten them in 90 minutes in any of our four games this season, Thiago having been involved in 2 of those - Worldlie from Kovacic to make it 2-1, error from Virgil and Robbo both going back and playing Pulisic on when everyone else was playing them off

3 of the opponents in these games were opponents we also dropped points too when Thiago featured
    Still not giving Mane any responsibility for sloppily losing possession on the halfway line and not reacting yo the loss of possession !!

It's interesting how few dropped points games you are now blaming on Fab at 6.
    Maybe I picked you up wrong earlier in the season?
    But you've shared out responsibility for the goal you squarely blamed on Fab v west ham then

Hendos 8 games at 6 in the PL were...
    Toon × 2
    Watford x 2
    Manu, Burnley, Brighton & Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I don’t think he is quite a world beater btw, he is world class though and for me the best we have.

I tend to agree the he’d be best used more advanced but he has to cover for what we don’t have.

Also trust Klopp to use him as he sees fit.

I firmly believe we need more quality in that midfield though. No arguments on that .
    👍

Hendos a better 6 defensively, safer, and produces better in open spaces than tight spaces.
    Whereas Thiago is better suited to operating in tight spaces and dribbling/beating a man.

It's going on Klopps end of season review card

Thiago's a fabulous player, between Jurgen, Thiago, our other players and maybe some work with the analysis team and our other players telling him exactly where they want the ball and prefer it, rather than him dictating where he thinks they should have it, he can be an absolutely incredible player for us and the difference maker with the ball we expected him to be

It's all about opportunity, he has been brilliant without the ball, with the ball, although he has played several absolutely fantastic passes that have some people gushing, they're unfortunately not quite the right fantastic passes for our players too much of the time.

It's really frustrating for me, I'm pretty straight forward, here we have this guy who has this incredible ability with the ball, who can put it on a sixpence and it just isn't quite there, it is like he's making passes for Bayern players still, it just seems like people need to get their heads together, have a few conversations and then he can use that incredible ability to give them the ball exactly where they want it - Easy - Job done
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    ��

Hendos a better 6 defensively, safer, and produces better in open spaces than tight spaces.
    Whereas Thiago is better suited to operating in tight spaces and dribbling/beating a man.
    I don't associate those two things as a combined thing in how I view things, operating in tight spaces is something I define as being able to take the ball in tight spaces, keep it and give it to another one of our players from there, all our players are very good at that. Dribbling and beating a man is a different thing to that in my view, I wouldn't ever lump the 2 together

I'm not saying anything about either player here by the way, just that it's interesting you view those 2 things as being the same thing

This has probably been posted before but if you haven't seen it this is a training clip highlighting Thiago'a and Rodri's astonishing skills with ball control
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2iP48mBJbE

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It's interesting how few dropped points games you are now blaming on Fab at 6.
    Maybe I picked you up wrong earlier in the season?
    But you've shared out responsibility for the goal you squarely blamed on Fab v west ham then
    I was just keeping the peace, trying not to upset people who don't see or refuse to see that Fab gets ahead of players in positions he shouldn't, he does do it and that's why it was his fault in my book especially as teams look for him to do that and break on us through him doing it, set the trap for him if you like. Anyway, short version as it's Thiago's thread, not going to have a to and throw about it here

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thiago's a fabulous player, between Jurgen, Thiago, our other players and maybe some work with the analysis team and our other players telling him exactly where they want the ball and prefer it, rather than him dictating where he thinks they should have it, he can be an absolutely incredible player for us and the difference maker with the ball we expected him to be

It's all about opportunity, he has been brilliant without the ball, with the ball, although he has played several absolutely fantastic passes that have some people gushing, they're unfortunately not quite the right fantastic passes for our players too much of the time.

It's really frustrating for me, I'm pretty straight forward, here we have this guy who has this incredible ability with the ball, who can put it on a sixpence and it just isn't quite there, it is like he's making passes for Bayern players still, it just seems like people need to get their heads together, have a few conversations and then he can use that incredible ability to give them the ball exactly where they want it - Easy - Job done
    Pretty much agree with all of this.

I think where we differ is I can still see the huge benefit he adds. It feels at as if you don’t. Possibly have got you wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Pretty much agree with all of this.

I think where we differ is I can still see the huge benefit he adds. It feels at as if you don’t. Possibly have got you wrong
    I absolutely do see the huge benefit he adds, I get very frustrated as I can see it can be so much more and to my way of thinking, it shouldn't be that hard of a thing through everyone getting their heads together for us to have everything we can, the very best of Thiago in every game

I've just seen his penalty for the first time, that was something else . Cool as you like.