Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    "Transgender and non-binary footballers in Germany will be allowed to choose if they play in men's or women's teams."
    "The German football association (DFB) has announced the ruling for amateur and junior football, as well as futsal."
    "The ruling does not cover professional football in Germany, for example the Bundesliga."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61908388

For feck's sake. Shame they're not allowed in the Bundesliga.
    What an absolute farce.
    No,fair play to some of them lads. They've worked their balls of to get were they are today.

About time they had equal pay if you ask me.

I can see this one going tits up.

So, the Womens' Euros are due to start soon.
    Can't wait to see all those lasses running around, and the keepers letting in virtually every decent shot sent their way.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    So, the Womens' Euros are due to start soon.
    Can't wait to see all those lasses running around, and the keepers letting in virtually every decent shot sent their way.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Looooooooool that's the laughable part, almost every goal they rave about, you look at the keeper's positioning and it's woeful and you look at their size, agility and athleticism and know almost all keepers from the nationwide upwards would have saved it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Looooooooool that's the laughable part, almost every goal they rave about, you look at the keeper's positioning and it's woeful and you look at their size, agility and athleticism and know almost all keepers from the nationwide upwards would have saved it
    I will always feel women should play on smaller pitches and particularly with smaller nets, reflecting their physical stature.

I know that the feminists would lose their minds and whine that I was implying that women are inferior to men and say "patriarchy" a lot when constructing their argument, but I just think the fact that people can strike it fairly poorly but still see it soar in needs addressed.

Just hit a Ronaldinho-esque strike (against Seaman) for a guaranteed goal. Needs fixing.

Alonso would have a field day!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I will always feel women should play on smaller pitches and particularly with smaller nets, reflecting their physical stature.

I know that the feminists would lose their minds and whine that I was implying that women are inferior to men and say "patriarchy" a lot when constructing their argument, but I just think the fact that people can strike it fairly poorly but still see it soar in needs addressed.

Just hit a Ronaldinho-esque strike (against Seaman) for a guaranteed goal. Needs fixing.

Alonso would have a field day!
    Yep, the cricket's as bad, they were raving about the England women's team fastest bowler, just 70 mph

And they should play with smaller goals at least, all sports are trying to ban trans women who went through male puberty from competing in female sports, because men are physically stronger and more athletic, I also read a study that men in general have greater judgement of speed and distance

I'm really bored of the wokeness going on in the world to be honest, I've nothing against women, women in sport or women's sport, there should be a place for both sexes to play all sports, but that shouldn't automatically mean or guarantee that both sexes will get paid the same to play some sports or command the same audiences for them.

Top sports people should get paid based on their overall standing in any particular sport, not on wokeness, what sex they are or their demands purely on those grounds rather than on ability, based on the audiences and revenue they generate, women's football isn't even at League Two level, so they shouldn't be paid or get the same coverage or airtime as league two of the men's game - I don't agree with the constant saturation plugging of a women's version of a sport out of wokeness, if it is less supported or popular and has lesser audiences there's a reason for it, they should have to grow their league organically without the outrageously over the top level of sports broadcasting coverage it receives, as the men's game grew itself organically, that's equality

I've always been incredibly pro equality and I always will be, I just get really fucking pissed off with this constant push for unequal equality that's been going on for some time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I hear you Nineteen. It's very frustrating.

Even on a more ground level there's things like my local Skateparks providing women+LGBT nights, aka no straight men allowed.

I understand some girls will have had uncomfortable experiences and want a judgement-free space to ease themselves in, but I don't think using sexist discrimination and tarring a group with the same brush will help promote "equality" at all - also happens that both parks run these nights on the 2 most convenient nights of the week for me to go - but I can't. Not gay enough, not non-binary enough, not female enough.

Daft. What they should be doing (in my eyes) is ensuring that any homophobic comments get reported to staff and any genuinely nasty sorts (incredibly rare) getting told to leave and not come back. I find that women who go to women's only nights get into a habit of ONLY going to women's only nights and thus never integrate with the wider scene, when the reality is we'll embrace everyone.

World is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I hear you Nineteen. It's very frustrating.

Even on a more ground level there's things like my local Skateparks providing women+LGBT nights, aka no straight men allowed.

I understand some girls will have had uncomfortable experiences and want a judgement-free space to ease themselves in, but I don't think using sexist discrimination and tarring a group with the same brush will help promote "equality" at all - also happens that both parks run these nights on the 2 most convenient nights of the week for me to go - but I can't. Not gay enough, not non-binary enough, not female enough.

Daft. What they should be doing (in my eyes) is ensuring that any homophobic comments get reported to staff and any genuinely nasty sorts (incredibly rare) getting told to leave and not come back. I find that women who go to women's only nights get into a habit of ONLY going to women's only nights and thus never integrate with the wider scene, when the reality is we'll embrace everyone.

World is stupid.
    Why do you presume it's about promoting equality ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep, the cricket's as bad, they were raving about the England women's team fastest bowler, just 70 mph

And they should play with smaller goals at least, all sports are trying to ban trans women who went through male puberty from competing in female sports, because men are physically stronger and more athletic, I also read a study that men in general have greater judgement of speed and distance

I'm really bored of the wokeness going on in the world to be honest, I've nothing against women, women in sport or women's sport, there should be a place for both sexes to play all sports, but that shouldn't automatically mean or guarantee that both sexes will get paid the same to play some sports or command the same audiences for them.

Top sports people should get paid based on their overall standing in any particular sport, not on wokeness, what sex they are or their demands purely on those grounds rather than on ability, based on the audiences and revenue they generate, women's football isn't even at League Two level, so they shouldn't be paid or get the same coverage or airtime as league two of the men's game - I don't agree with the constant saturation plugging of a women's version of a sport out of wokeness, if it is less supported or popular and has lesser audiences there's a reason for it, they should have to grow their league organically without the outrageously over the top level of sports broadcasting coverage it receives, as the men's game grew itself organically, that's equality

I've always been incredibly pro equality and I always will be, I just get really fucking pissed off with this constant push for unequal equality that's been going on for some time
    "This constant push for unequal equality"