Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We'll be looking to win the Europa League next season, get everyone fit and bring 3 or 4 in and move 4 or 5 on and it should be easy enough, the standard of football from both sides in this game is a long long way off Champions League levels
    Yeah but you can see it being full of better teams next season you can bank on that.

He is an incredible stat Bruno Fernandes has scored 20 pens already for Man Utd ...he has only been there since Jan 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah but you can see it being full of better teams next season you can bank on that.

He is an incredible stat Bruno Fernandes has scored 20 pens already for Man Utd ...he has only been there since Jan 2020.
    Because Fergie's refs association gave them lots of dodgy pens to get them into the top four last season and they're always diving

Can't wait for this war of attrition season to be over, given our lacks of quality options in a normal season we may have had a bit of a dip at some stage because of the fixture schedule, but with the injuries on top of that it's been a mare

FSGs attempted power grabs seeing us stitched up by VAR to the tune of 12 points really wasn't helpful, nor was their ESL announcement just when we looked to be getting some form back, still pisssed off only we got VARRED for the early season attempted power grab when there were another 3 clubs involved in it

In the summer i was really looking forward to seeing Gini Hendo Thiago for a run of games in our best 11, i haven't got to see it once
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    When I think of the number of stonewall penalties we’ve been denied this season and Utd have had countless ridiculous decisions in their favour.
    It is nowhere near a level playing field
    At least they started to get less for a month or two once Klopp spoke out about it in the media. Otherwise they might be even better off than they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We'll be looking to win the Europa League next season, get everyone fit and bring 3 or 4 in and move 4 or 5 on and it should be easy enough, the standard of football from both sides in this game is a long long way off Champions League levels
    You do need a bit of luck. Compare our run in the Europa to the one Mourinho's United side had - chalk and cheese.

That said, if we're in it, we are one of the strongest sides in the tournament and winning it should certainly be the aim.

I'd really prefer to be out of Europe altogether than compete in the Europa league. Keep the squad fresh for a serious go at regaining the title.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I'd really prefer to be out of Europe altogether than compete in the Europa league. Keep the squad fresh for a serious go at regaining the title.
    Quite a few are in this camp. I'm in the opposite camp personally but totally respect why people feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    100% . All our focus can be on the league and the FA Cup. Which is something we haven't had a decent go at since Jurgen joined.
    Also I quite fancy a day out at Wembley given the chance! !

Chelsea v RM 1-2
    City v psg 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    100% . All our focus can be on the league and the FA Cup. Which is something we haven't had a decent go at since Jurgen joined.
    Also I quite fancy a day out at Wembley given the chance! !
    I agree. I just cant get excited about the Europa league. I'd rather we we had a season out of Europe than be in that.
    I'd love to see us win the FA cup.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I agree. I just cant get excited about the Europa league. I'd rather we we had a season out of Europe than be in that.
    I'd love to see us win the FA cup.
    One downside to that (besides others I lay out) is squad structure and numbers.

It's potentially rather wasteful having a big squad if you aren't in Europe, so you need to reduce numbers in the squad.

Only to then have to go and bolster the squad numbers when you get back into the Champion's League if you want to give the League and the Champion's League your best possible shot/s.

For me, keeping a Europe-sized squad and using supplemental talent from the youngsters in the group stages of the Europa is a way to get some fringe players extra game time, be it for their development (recovery from injury, youth, out-from-the-cold) or to bolster their transfer value/interest (if Origi gets goals in a last-16 tie and a quarter-final on the bounce, a Europa-level side might take a punt come the end of a season rather than him see out his contract with us) when moving them on.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay