Page 78 of 170 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588128 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Which is in part due to bonuses from winning Big Titles and continued CL participation. Driving sales and increasing our commercial appeal/brand.
    Wages remain healthy in terms of their ratio to turnover, which has increased steadily.
    I'd like to see where people are getting these figures from

I'd imagine utd is more at least, they've got a lot of senior players picking up a decent wage for example and the likes of Pogba

Even arsenal's bill will be high for what the squad actually is with the likes of Ozil, they too have a lot of players just mostly shite I bet havertz werner etc aren't on a small wage either probably a big signing on fee too! - Once again chelsea have quite a few players.

really is no excuse eitherway, we're a bigger / more well off club than the likes of everton ffs, and make a hell of a lot more money than everton I don't think the new lads at everton aren't on a low wage either..

people make out we're as poor as burnley

wake up, open your eyes
    Last edited by Kev0909; 4th January 2021 at 12:33 PM.

Grief.
    If Everton pull this one off it will be the best bit of transfer business they’ve done for many years.

“Paris St-Germain are in negotiations with Everton to turn 20-year-old Italy forward Moise Kean's season-long loan into a permanent deal, worth about £31m. (Sky Sports)”

Maybe Everton would be so kind as to actually beat the Mancs now and then!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Completely balanced out by the second highest wage bill.
    How so..?

Our wage bill is 6th currently around £10 million behind Spurs.. at least according to this

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

I realise this isn't the whole shabang but it does make you wonder how these figures are actually accounted for.

Personally I'm certain a CB will be acquired.
    Klopp wouldn't talk about it in maybe terms if there wasn't a chance in my opinion.
    They know we can't carry on taking the risk, If Fabinho got an injury it would be season over without doubt. If we have to take a hit on summer signings so be it. We have deadwood to move on so we can recoup some that way.

@Steveo

Bollocks! Now I have to find some other annoying line parrot!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I'd like to see where people are getting these figures from

I'd imagine utd is more at least, they've got a lot of senior players picking up a decent wage for example and the likes of Pogba

Even arsenal's bill will be high for what the squad actually is with the likes of Ozil, they too have a lot of players just mostly shite I bet havertz werner etc aren't on a small wage either probably a big signing on fee too! - Once again chelsea have quite a few players.

really is no excuse eitherway, we're a bigger / more well off club than the likes of everton ffs, and make a hell of a lot more money than everton I don't think the new lads at everton aren't on a low wage either..

people make out we're as poor as burnley

wake up, open your eyes
    They're just being, eh, negative. Focusing on our rising wage bill which has remained within a healthy range as a percentage of turnover.
    Never really adding the increase in revenue or how increases in both generate more money for the club.

In articles I've read city, like psg, do not have their full wages on the books.

We have the manager players want to play for, a good team and squad, with both PL & CL titles to play for. It's an easy sell to would be players.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    How so..?

Our wage bill is 6th currently around £10 million behind Spurs.. at least according to this

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

I realise this isn't the whole shabang but it does make you wonder how these figures are actually accounted for.
    Man city fourth.... really ?

Firmino on 180k v mane 100k?

Well that's some wages saved, sell firmino now

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Man city fourth.... really ?
    According to the tracker.. right now.. and I am sure they are very transparent on the matter. Ahem FFP and all..

Here's another one as per late August..

https://www.footballfancast.com/prem...-wage-bills/17
    Last edited by Steveo; 4th January 2021 at 02:11 PM.