Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: New Newcastle

If Frank Lampard is in the frame, as i just heard on Talkshite, they have got to be looking at Stevie G as well .......Also I bet BR is salivating...at the thought.......

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    If Frank Lampard is in the frame, as i just heard on Talkshite, they have got to be looking at Stevie G as well .......Also I bet BR is salivating...at the thought.......
    Fat Sam?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Fat Sam?
    They'll get Rafa back in

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They'll get Rafa back in
    Whoever they want, they should be looking for someone with more pedigree than Lampard or Gerrard as a manager.

Even if they have all the money in the world they won't have any extra players until December. Changing manager won't make sense until next season

Jose would be perfect. He loves a spend-up.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Gini giving them the old come get me

I'm sure they could do much better than Lampard......not sure why he'd deserve the money or chance.

"Going British" certainly makes sense for maximum sports-washing. Got to get fans and pundits on side if you want football to further eat itself.

If Brendan gets the Newcastle job, I'd hope Steven (Gerrard) applies for the Leicester one. He'd have the challenge of trying to get them Champion's League football and pulling that off (particularly if they did it 2 seasons in a row) would really help him climb the ranking so-to-speak. I'm not personally desperate for him to manage us but if he works his way into the contender's list on merit (on accomplishments as a Manager, not as a player) then good luck to him.

I agree Sid the sports washing could do with a British name.

Best bets are Howe/Rodgers both experienced, media friendly, British so the likes of Murphy/Jenas will go balls deep on them.

Get them to do the building job and in 18-24 months go for your high profile types eg Conte/Tuchel then its mission completed.