Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627283171 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Of course I think we should be in the mix for mbop on a free or Haaland for 70 Mill.
    Mbappe seems more plausible as Haaland has some third party ownership and the mooted wages make mbops seem rather reasonable.

The contribution to the titles or the lack of it is irrelevant to the point. I brought up Suarez myself to point out that Coutinho is only one apocryphal story, but not every apocryphal story.

The fact is, titles or not, his career went down the toilet. Steveo said 'everyone knows' that, which is correct. That means Salah knows it too and Salah won't be sitting around saying 'but he won 9 titles', he'll be sitting around wondering if his career might go down the toilet if he leaves, as careers sometimes do. He will be incorporating that possibility into the decisions he is making, whether they are financial or based around potential glory.

Another one is Raheem Sterling, to throw him into the mix.. still to win the Champions League, not exactly certain he made the right move. It looked right at the time, it may look like something of a mistake later on depending on what happens next, including the possibility that he may be sold to the highest bidder - there's been a few rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Haaland for 70 Mill.
    Would probably end up being more like -

- £70m for the player fee
    - £40m or so for agent/father
    -£500k-per-week wages

Inevitably some of our fanbase will be unhappy when he goes to another club for "just" £70m but the other numbers would stack up and make him a ridiculously expensive acquisition that has a knock-on effect to other player's wages and what agents try to negotiate.

I'd rather find "another Jota" as it were and leave ourselves able to upgrade other key positions as needed than put all our eggs in one basket, as exciting as the thought of Haaland at LFC is.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    From the perspective of feeling they contributed. Salif was an extreme example. Seeing him bounce around the podium in Istanbul. Yes, enjoy the moment but did he really contribute overall.

Similarly, with Coutinho. I'm not bothered that he left, as that funded the team to get stronger BUT how many of those 9 medals will he feel like he genuinely contributed to
    you tell me

For a kick-off we can all see that he played 22 games in that half a season at Barca and scored 9 assisting 8. Obviously cup-tied at the time from CL.

Here is a more detailed breakdown.

2017/18
    18 games played in La Liga as Barca became Champions and Spanish Cup winners
    7 goals
    7 Assists

4 games played in Spanish Copa Del Rey
    2 goals
    1 assist

22 games
    9 goals
    8 assists

Would you deny him any involvement in that title?

2018/19
    34 games played in La Liga as Barca became champions
    5 goals
    2 Assists

12 games played in Champions League
    3 goals
    3 Assists

7 games played in Spanish Copa Del Rey
    3 goals
    0 assists

54 games
    11 goals
    5 assists

Not the best soring stats in the league but he was an almost ever-present. Played in only 1 of 3 defeats in the league. Would you deny him any involvement in this title? Should he hand his medals back?

2019/20
    23 games played in Bundesliga as Bayern became champions of Germany and Europe.
    8 goals
    10 Assists

3 goals
    3 Assists

4 games played in German cup
    0 goals
    0 assists

39 games
    11 goals
    14 assists

Decent scoring stats for the league with only 23 played, decent Champions league return too including 2 v Barcelona. Would you deny him any involvement in this title or the Champions League win? Should he hand his medals back?
    Last edited by Steveo; 8th December 2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    you tell me

For a kick-off we can all see that he played 22 games in that half a season at Barca and scored 9 assisting 8. Obviously cup-tied at the time from CL.

Here is a more detailed breakdown.

2017/18
    18 games played in La Liga as Barca became Champions and Spanish Cup winners
    7 goals
    7 Assists

4 games played in Spanish Copa Del Rey
    2 goals
    1 assist

22 games
    9 goals
    8 assists

Would you deny him any involvement in that title?

2018/19
    34 games played in La Liga as Barca became champions
    5 goals
    2 Assists

3 goals
    3 Assists

7 games played in Spanish Copa Del Rey
    3 goals
    0 assists

54 games
    11 goals
    5 assists

Not the best soring stats in the league but he was an almost ever-present. Played in only 1 of 3 defeats in the league. Would you deny him any involvement in this title? Should he hand his medals back?

2019/20
    23 games played in Bundesliga as Bayern became champions of Germany and Europe.
    8 goals
    10 Assists

3 goals
    3 Assists

4 games played in German cup
    0 goals
    0 assists

39 games
    11 goals
    14 assists

Decent scoring stats for the league with only 23 played, decent Champions league return too including 2 v Barcelona. Would you deny him any involvement in this title or the Champions League win? Should he hand his medals back?
    Who said anything about handing back medals. Why would he be considered a flop then?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Who said anything about handing back medals. Why would he be considered a flop then?
    Haha, good one vin. YOu asked a question I provided evidence - now it's time for you to say how many of those "9 medals will he feel like he genuinely contributed to".

Football fans are considered by many to be a bit on the thick side. Is that assumption based on evidence or perception?

Haha, good one vin. YOu asked a question I provided evidence - now it's time for you to say how many of those "9 medals will he feel like he genuinely contributed to".

Football fans are considered by many to be a bit on the thick side. Is that assumption based on evidence or perception?
    I don't know, but the question was - would he feel a part of those teams or that success. My answer was right at the top, when I asked the question. What's your view?
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I don't know, but the question was - would he feel a part of those teams or that success. My answer was right at the top, when I asked the question. What's your view?
    I did see what you asked - that's why I provided a detailed list of all the games he played and in which tournaments. As you very well know.. But keep winding..

if you don't like the fact that he probably contributed far more than is perceived, that is your problem not mine.

Come on dude you can do better than this. tripe surely

I did see what you asked - that's why I provided a detailed list of all the games he played and in which tournaments. As you very well know.. But keep winding..

if you don't like the fact that he probably contributed far more than is perceived, that is your problem not mine.

Come on dude you can do better than this. tripe surely
    Vin could just as easily ask you why you think his career went down the toilet. It's the same question in reverse. You are scrambling around his trophy haul, looking for numerical expressions of his contribution, all the while knowing he is a sad case of a lost career.

Now that I come to think of it, this probably fits my definition of sophistry - you're arguing a position you also know to be wrong. The both sides of the coin argument is the same thing.You'd rather torment your opponent that just say, 'yeah, things didn't work out for Coutinho and Salah will probably be wary of that', which is all anyone said.