Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LFC to take strongest possible action following derby VAR debacle

I don't know how much football outside the Premier League other people watch here

A lot of other nations have had VAR for 2 years, Germany, France, Holland, I've watched more games a season the past 2 seasons in those leagues than I have Premier League games and bar the once in e blue moon wrong un, the officials and VAR officials in particular are incredibly adept at applying VAR absolutely perfectly correctly according to the laws of the game and each season's FIFA and UEFA interpretations perfectly a very high 90's percentage of the time

That's why I believe the club should take this as far as they possibly can, the Premier League English FA and referees association should not be a law unto themselves able to flaunt the rules and laws of the games, claim certain things that have clearly defined interpretation are subjective and adversly affect the result of games, I've had 30 years of that and I'm sick of watching other league's officials use VAR for the purposes of it's conception perfectly correctly and our league having the same old bullshit controversy game after game after game because for whatever reason our officials, the FA the Premier League are incapable of doing that or refuse to

If anyone here is capable of being completely honest, we don't have this crap in the other top European leagues, we don't have it in the Champions League, why the FUCK should we accept it in anyway shape or form in the Premier League?

There's a reason in our less successful times we faired better in European competition than the domestic league and other sides, despite their domestic dominance, struggled to replicate that and simply didn't get the decisions they got from UK officials from those in Europe applying the laws as they were required to.

Question for all of you

You have a grand on the favourite in the national to win, the race ends in a photo finish, your horse from all images wins just by a nose, the guy who is in charge of looking at the photo finish decides, even though patently wrong the other horse won, would you accept that? Would there be any excuse for such an error?

Would there fuck, you would not accept this in horse racing or any other sport, it isn't any sort of issue of major controversy every weekend in any other major European league or in the Champions League, why the fuck should we accept it in the Premier League?

The club have to go huge on this, because like the appalling state of the UK, if we accept and go with this "Nothing will change, we can't do anything about it" defeatist lame attitude, the club will only be setting itself up and other clubs to be on the receiving end of it time and time and time again and like a host of very other shit things, it will become normalised
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Fuck all will be done,It's probably pay back for trying to start up our own league .

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Maybe the rules in those sports are easier for everyone to understand.
    Not really. NFL rules are also quite subjective on certain things like touchdowns, offside, holding, etc. But the difference is a coach can challenge a call and make the ref go look at the screen himself and make the call.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I don't see the point in the club even bothering, not going to make any difference

should of just sliced the cunts down instead, stevie g would after seeing the incidents.

we're soft, I know it's good and don't want our players to get sent off, but we really are soft, sometimes I wish we had a player that actually got stuck in.
    Nothing will be done but this is a Fergie trick he would 100% have called em out if this happened to him.

Fergie would be right to do that and I think we are too you put it out there you bekieve cheating is going on it makes sure you get a fair decision next time which is all everybody wants.

Quote Originally Posted by 3underpar View Post
    Not really. NFL rules are also quite subjective on certain things like touchdowns, offside, holding, etc. But the difference is a coach can challenge a call and make the ref go look at the screen himself and make the call.
    Thanks for that, i know nothing about any of their sports.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Van Dijk has suffered damage to his ACL and will undergo surgery #LFC
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Nothing will be done but this is a Fergie trick he would 100% have called em out if this happened to him.

Fergie would be right to do that and I think we are too you put it out there you bekieve cheating is going on it makes sure you get a fair decision next time which is all everybody wants.
    If I were in Klopp shoes, Klopp wouldn't look so classy, this would be all out war.
    Skyebo iirc was saying we bitch about the refs all the time, biased etc and he is right in many ways. We are biased ourselves.
    But I'd separate yesterdays game as full blown corruption.

I'd take every opportunity in press conferences to bring heat on our enemies and call them the enemies of the football club and the game.
    I'd talk about the damage to the leagues main sponsors, name them and state their brand is being damaged by the corruption within football.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    If I were in Klopp shoes, Klopp wouldn't look so classy, this would be all out war.
    Skyebo iirc was saying we bitch about the refs all the time, biased etc and he is right in many ways. We are biased ourselves.
    But I'd separate yesterdays game as full blown corruption.

I'd take every opportunity in press conferences to bring heat on our enemies and call them the enemies of the football club and the game.
    I'd talk about the damage to the leagues main sponsors, name them and state their brand is being damaged by the corruption within football.
    CCTV. It won't be just our fans complaining about officials, most of them will be doing it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    CCTV. It won't be just our fans complaining about officials, most of them will be doing it.
    I agree with you that we fans moan an awful lot about referees.
    But with regard to yesterday's game from what I've seen, theres a general consensus that there was corruption.
    No red card for pickford, dodgy lines being drawn and redrawn to manufacture offsides.

That's why it's wrong to stick a microphone under a manager's nose so soon after a game, especially if that manager feels he's been hard done by. Klopp will know nothing will get done now he's had a chance to cool off. I'd like to see Pickford get a retrospective ban, but don't know how that side of things work. I'm pretty sure the ones who did nothing about it will have seen it since the game ended and realise they got it wrong. If they don't, then they don't deserve to be in that job.