Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester

The Fabulous One and Thiago should be back iirc.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Henderson may have picked up an injury.
    Substituted at half-time complaining of a tightness.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A snappy v Thread would have curated all the relative info, pondered the permutations and given a shot of optimism for the various selections and formations.
    I hear ye

Didn't see the point in all that given the rate of injury as no sooner would I list available players than one would get injured on International duty.

Henderson may miss this one but we will find out more in due course presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Looks like we'll be doing well to put out a 5-aside team at this rate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I hear ye

Didn't see the point in all that given the rate of injury as no sooner would I list available players than one would get injured on International duty.

Henderson may miss this one but we will find out more in due course presumably.
    Aye, will Firmino be self isolating ?

No point in panicking. This is gonna be a fractured inconsistent season for everyone. May accept that it'll be tight at the top. There'll be points dropped. In a lot of ways it'll be more interesting than last season. Be a great one to come out on top of.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Henderson may have picked up an injury.
    Substituted at half-time complaining of a tightness.
    I don't know how he managed to get injured, like most of the team he did very little. Grealish was the only one who came out of it with any credit.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't know how he managed to get injured, like most of the team he did very little. Grealish was the only one who came out of it with any credit.
    'Mileage' is a factor - As with Fabinho, Trent - even Gomez & Robbo. The more miles you clock up without enough pause - the more likely you are to suffer from any type of injury. It can result in a loss of form too - see Bobby.

IMO Henderson has been on the edge since the season began. As I have mentioned before the only surprise is that these injuries/strains didn't happen sooner and more sporadically.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    'Mileage' is a factor - As with Fabinho, Trent - even Gomez & Robbo. The more miles you clock up without enough pause - the more likely you are to suffer from any type of injury. It can result in a loss of form too - see Bobby.

IMO Henderson has been on the edge since the season began. As I have mentioned before the only surprise is that these injuries/strains didn't happen sooner and more sporadically.
    Not sure that stacks up - surely the suspension for COVID for nearly 3 months would've helped with that? They were doing light training via Zoom for nearly all of that time

And then you look at the injuries:

- VVD was a shit challenge
    - Gomez is injury prone. He missed lots of games over the past two or three seasons
    - Matip - similar to Gomez.
    - Trent - Possibly due to the reasons you state
    - Fab - hamstring, very common injury. He also missed a few games last season due to an injury

Out of all of them, you could argue Trent's injury is due to constant use. Hendo also pick up his fair share of niggles. Hard to say that all of them are due to this.
    Last edited by vin; 16th November 2020 at 03:19 PM.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

No - the Covid break was the same for everyone. What wasn’t was the lack of rotation for our first team players from the first CL final until last Spring - many of whom are now displaying classic signs of fatigue.

I was talking about this well over a year ago - Late summer 2019.

We know that certain players - Matip, Gomez the Ox, Shaq and Keita are frequently not fit - so when people cite our squad depth these players are skewing things. The usual suspects have been over used over a prolonged period. I believe it is all part of an attempt to get the most from the least.

I don’t have the stats BUT it would be interesting to compare the number of games our core first team players have averaged over the last 2/3 seasons versus our rivals.
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th November 2020 at 04:14 PM.

Player fitness is checked by sports science now so I doubt we are really risking our players that is why Hendo as an example is playing 45 mins of some matches Klopp mentioned it after one game too possibly Ajax away.

Wenger was laughed at years ago for talking about fatigue and players dropping into the red zone but he was years ahead of people in this country and he was correct too.

I guess this season could be classed as a free hit for most teams and it is more acceptable to promote youth we could save a fortune if a few step in and put in solid displays.