Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 36394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Burnley (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Anybody who can/is open to seeing it knew that unless we had a continual process of refreshing/beefing up the squad, eventually we would run into difficulties, and that was before you factored in things such as injuries to key players. You simply cannot play the way that Klopp likes to with effectively the same small group of players for 2-3 seasons in a row and not expect some kind of sizeable dip.

Who is to say whether 'making demands' would get him/us anywhere? However all I know is that if one manager can/could have done that without putting their job at risk, it is/was Klopp.
    Absolutley. Thats why they got him in.
    We don't know wether it would make any difference, I just personally can't imagine it having much effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Kev we have had a few sparing sessions on here no hard feelings mate.

I agree Haaland is the one player id take I know some say Mbappe but I prefer Haaland.
    It also doesn't hurt that Haaland is the more realistic possibility.

Dortmund know they don't have him for the spell, and eventually a big club will come from him, so they will likely ask for a more realistic fee than PSG who are ostensibly building around Mbappe - a local icon - but who if faced with the prospect of losing him will ask for a crazy high fee that would be insane to pay even for a player at his level.

I've always had a preference for Haaland or Sancho over Mbappe - Sancho, admittedly, because it's been reported that he would prefer to come to us over the Mancs if he were to come back to England.

Also, in both their cases, I'd have to imagine Klopp's former links with the club would help us get a better deal.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    We have been shite since project restart. Our issues are confluence of things. Injuries. Fatigue, staleness, form, teams sussing us out etc. But the 12th man as well.
    That's what I think

Very few games we've been "great"

This hasn't just happened like I said in another thread, it's a slow decline...and now salah isn't getting us out the hole and this is what happens.

Too much tappy tappy too soon, yes we needed some evolution and greater ability to play through teams, but trying to do that all at once throwing everything that made us brilliant and exciting and WINNERS out of the window has been a huge error especially when being direct, winning second balls and recycling balls from set pieces and creating from there was the source of almost all our goals the last 3 seasons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe it's a case of when all is well, everything is amazing but when it isn't (like dortmund)..... yeah

hopefully not
    We'll be ok Kev we will be back.

This season might not be what we want but it is what it is injuries havent helped at all.

Everyone gets injuries but we have had terrible luck really I can just about accept Gomez but VVD/Thiago were done on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I was I have said it ALL SEASON.

Put it this way go back 2 years and play that Barca game again with same team and no fans.

Im telling you right now we dont go through FANS are everything in sport this is like watching training matches.
    Compare us to others LEGS. I respect the opinion, but cant see us being a great team if we rely entirely on fans. 75 shots without a goal on target? We can't rely on the fans. Burnley certainly didn't, Southampton haven't needed them, united and city aren't doing so badly. Even spurs with the best Empty stadium in the world don't need them.

It comes from the players wanting it. If the players didn't want it against Barca, we weren't getting squat

Mcmanaman calling out the dubious officiating. He is questioning how Barnes is pen and not Mane. Highlights that it is the same thing. Same with the yellow card for Fabinho but Barnes didnt get 1. We lost because we were shite but wow the officiating is really diabolical. Barnes even kicked Allison for the pen but well VAR u know.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It also doesn't hurt that Haaland is the more realistic possibility.

Dortmund know they don't have him for the spell, and eventually a big club will come from him, so they will likely ask for a more realistic fee than PSG who are ostensibly building around Mbappe - a local icon - but who if faced with the prospect of losing him will ask for a crazy high fee that would be insane to pay even for a player at his level.

I've always had a preference for Haaland or Sancho over Mbappe - Sancho, admittedly, because it's been reported that he would prefer to come to us over the Mancs if he were to come back to England.

Also, in both their cases, I'd have to imagine Klopp's former links with the club would help us get a better deal.
    Mbappe only has one year left but he will either sign a big deal at PSG or run his contract down and go to Madrid in 2022.

He is very good obviously but he will demand £400k a week and that is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Spot on mate. I’ve been saying it since playing behind closed doors started. It has a massive impact on all teams, but I do think we rely on it more than others.
    Then they are useless players if they need to hear fans singing their names just to play to the level they're required to play at.
    Besides which, our poor run of form had already began while we were on of the only clubs still allowed to have fans in the stadium.

It's just a lazy excuse at this point.
    The fans are supposed to give you that little bit of extra in games you're looking like you'll win, but just can't seem to close the deal.
    Not getting you all the way over while you look clueless the entire game.

The problem with us is that during this run we simply haven't looked like we'd score even if we kept playing for another 100 minutes over regulation time.
    That's not the kind of situation that having fans in the stadium would help with.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It's the hope that kills you. I'm afraid the hope had already gone for me. WBA did it for me but realistically Pickford drained the oil from a highly tuned machine. Come on City. Whichever one.
    A few years ago I thought it only 50-50 that I would ever see my beloved Liverpool win the league again. I'm 56 by the way. I was on the kop for the Spurs clincher. 83 I think it was.
    London had the money. United were a juggernaut and it looked like we could never muscle our way back in. Klopp changed all that. Well done big man. We could easily finish mid table this year. We're burnt out and so what. We've had an unbelievable last 3 or 4 years. Truly amazing. If I had the chance to take the last 3 or 4 years with this year fallow I would bite your hand off.