Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Teams counter down our right because Trent can’t defend as well as robbo. It’s one of the reasons I’m baffled that even when klopp finally decided to play both Henderson and Fabinho at cb today he somehow played hendo as left cb when fab played there all year and Henderson and Trent already have that relationship where hendo knows trents inclinations. Mad shit.
    Good point

Teams counter down our right because Trent can’t defend as well as robbo. It’s one of the reasons I’m baffled that even when klopp finally decided to play both Henderson and Fabinho at cb today he somehow played hendo as left cb when fab played there all year and Henderson and Trent already have that relationship where hendo knows trents inclinations. Mad shit.
    Ok devils advocate, when Hendo played CM and we had Oxlade, Keita, Milner and even Lallana at RCM in that run, why did it not happen there

@Tees the horseshit is that the alleged most knowledgable supporters have a complete inability to recognise that in fab's absence the dynamics and how we played changed, and that is why he and the team struggled when he came back in, no two ways about it, If you persist with your bullshizzery I'll post the results with him starting at CM since he returned and see what your excuse is for that

Look at the first leg v Atletico in which we created absolutely nothing, against a low block, primarily because Fab's distribution and passing at CM is far more limited than Henderson's but your universal solution to overcoming low blocks is to field a midfielder with very limited passing ability aside from the odd pearler at CM when in a far more advanced position, please tell me in your ultimate wisdom and understanding of the game, how is that a solution to overcoming low blocks? We're not getting outplayed or overrun in midfield, we're not conceding chances on the counter, we're making stupid mistakes or getting done by VAR to give away goals and our fundamental problem is breaking teams down
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It did happen but we had the defence to handle it and trents attacking output far outweighed his defensive frailty at the time. He’s not a good defender.

Sorry forgot to quote. @19.

It did happen but we had the defence to handle it and trents attacking output far outweighed his defensive frailty at the time. He’s not a good defender.

Sorry forgot to quote. @19.
    No, it didn't happen, we had that defence when Fab was playing CM too, so why was it a problem with him and on his return without hendo at RCM, but not s problem when Hendo played Cm and anyone of another 5 players played RCM and there just wasn't an issue. Look at some of the stats for the games we played against other sides who were absolutely flying at the tine during the run, zero, 1 or 2 shots only, never mind on target in about 8 of that 15 game run with the interceptions and blocked shots also being incredibly low, tells the story pf an incredibly press from the midfield, forwards and full backs and our defenders not having much defending to do in most of those games

Fabinho was ok when he was asked to cover at centre back last season. in the very few he played in. Its not easy playing the role for most of a season. hes being found out now..Hes an outstanding DM. and should be back in that position when ever possible
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ok devils advocate, when Hendo played CM and we had Oxlade, Keita, Milner and even Lallana at RCM in that run, why did it not happen there

@Tees the horseshit is that the alleged most knowledgable supporters have a complete inability to recognise that in fab's absence the dynamics and how we played changed, and that is why he and the team struggled when he came back in, no two ways about it, If you persist with your bullshizzery I'll post the results with him starting at CM since he returned and see what your excuse is for that

Look at the first leg v Atletico in which we created absolutely nothing, against a low block, primarily because Fab's distribution and passing at CM is far more limited than Henderson's but your universal solution to overcoming low blocks is to field a midfielder with very limited passing ability aside from the odd pearler at CM when in a far more advanced position, please tell me in your ultimate wisdom and understanding of the game, how is that a solution to overcoming low blocks? We're not getting outplayed or overrun in midfield, we're not conceding chances on the counter, we're making stupid mistakes or getting done by VAR to give away goals and our fundamental problem is breaking teams down
    You can post it all you want its not true and you're the only person on board with it.
    You say Fabs a good player but if you go along with your own analysis he doesn't get a place in our starting 11. I don't know one LFC fan would agree with that. You can peddle it all you want, he was part of what made us so good not the part of whats made us go downhill.

No, it didn't happen, we had that defence when Fab was playing CM too, so why was it a problem with him and on his return without hendo at RCM, but not s problem when Hendo played Cm and anyone of another 5 players played RCM and there just wasn't an issue. Look at some of the stats for the games we played against other sides who were absolutely flying at the tine during the run, zero, 1 or 2 shots only, never mind on target in about 8 of that 15 game run with the interceptions and blocked shots also being incredibly low, tells the story pf an incredibly press from the midfield, forwards and full backs and our defenders not having much defending to do in most of those games
    I agree the press suffers massively without hendo orchestrating it but even when playing cm he was biased towards the right side because trents our biggest threat out wide when we are swamping teams because his range and accuracy of passing are god like compared to robbos. Combine the injuries and losing hendo in midfield with a general small decline in trents and robbos form with our quality but workmanlike midfield and zero threat through the middle and it all amounts to where we are. I agree we’ve stopped doing some things which made us great but it’s not all down to just deciding to do it.

If he's not playing CM when our defence us back where do we have him in the team?
    We don't have a midfield combination that ensures hes not in the team. And please don't say Keita as part of your midfield 3.
    The upturn two years ago was when Henderson played on the right side.
    You talk about Atletico because its basically the only game you have the evidence of it. They were at that time and probably still are one of the best sides in Europe, more than most have come unstuck against them.
    You also don't acknowledge that this team has been playing the high octane game with the same players for 3 seasons. There was always going to be a drop off at some point. It started last season ( after we had pissed the title with Fab bring an integral piece) and carried on into this.
    Last edited by teesred; 7th February 2021 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You can post it all you want its not true and you're the only person on board with it.
    You say Fabs a good player but if you go along with your own analysis he doesn't get a place in our starting 11. I don't know one LFC fan would agree with that. You can peddle it all you want, he was part of what made us so good not the part of whats made us go downhill.
    Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool Watford 3-0 Liverpool Atletico 1-0 Liverpool Man City 4-0 Liverpool Burnley 0-0 Liverpool nuff said and there's plenty more of those all WITH our first choice back four and all but one with our full first choice forward line with Mane missing just one of those games

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool Watford 3-0 Liverpool Atletico 1-0 Liverpool Man City 4-0 Liverpool Burnley 0-0 Liverpool nuff said and there's plenty more of those all WITH our first choice back four and all but one with our full first choice forward line with Mane missing just one of those games
    City are shitting all over us in recent meetings now. I hope that hurts klopp cos it’s becoming a trend