Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: CL Predictions - Semifinals

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Knee jerk my friend, complete knee jerk, we were top at Christmas, for the third season running
    Memories my friend, memories,i just hope we don't go into next season with that train of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Memories my friend, memories,i just hope we don't go into next season with that train of thought.
    We'll go into next season more determined than ever to reclaim our crown and hand out some beatings to those who took such great pleasure from playing us well understrength and in the absence of our fans

Unlike too many others, I'm not so quick to write so many of our players off

People wildly under appreciate the additional strength being able to play a settled side gives to teams
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 27th April 2021 at 10:04 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

FT 1-1 fancy Real to get the in at the plastic palace

It was mainly because of Jurgen fielding the midfield that has never worked and Fabinho doing his bull in a China shop act, the press was just all over the place, actually scratch that, the press was none existent, I lost count of the number of times Fab completely lost Barkley, if our press and counter press isn't there and we play our high line with no pressure on the ball, we're always going to have issues, lots of issues
    Amazing how our heaviest defeat of the season somehow boiled down to Fabinho's fault.

(as. opposed to the reality that the ENTIRE team played like shit that day)

Imagine how shocked I am to read that coming from you.
    True story.
    I have a really shocked look on my face at the moment.

But inquiring minds would like to know if Fab at least gets credit for helping hold it together at the backline after our two starting CB's went out injured and he was our only reliable option and in the aftermath of that defeat we then rode him and went to lead the league by christmas (as you rightly pointed out in a later post).

Does he get credit for that or nah?

Still his fault that we then tumbled from there and the top of the league after that then, I imagine?
    (Despite his own injury spell coinciding with said tumble, and seemingly precipitating it)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Amazing how our heaviest defeat of the season somehow boiled down to Fabinho's fault.

(as. opposed to the reality that the ENTIRE team played like shit that day)

Imagine how shocked I am to read that coming from you.
    True story.
    I have a really shocked look on my face at the moment.

But inquiring minds would like to know if Fab at least gets credit for helping hold it together at the backline after our two starting CB's went out injured and he was our only reliable option and in the aftermath of that defeat we then rode him and went to lead the league by christmas (as you rightly pointed out in a later post).

Does he get credit for that or nah?

Still his fault that we then tumbled from there and the top of the league after that then, I imagine?
    (Despite his own injury spell coinciding with said tumble, and seemingly precipitating it)
    When Kopp goes we have the perfect replacement. He should join him in the dug out to get some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    When Kopp goes we have the perfect replacement. He should join him in the dug out to get some experience.
    It's truly what we've been missing this season.
    Nineteen's presence and technical nous in that dug out.

He'd have had Fab shipped out on loan on day one of the season and wheeled Leiva out of retirement to play the pivot.

And then we'd really be rolling in the (trophy) gold.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Haha

I think a few people here, sadly most, need to better understand how we play at our very best and that the press and counter press is a vital part of that and it doesn't work as well as it needs to if you have a player rushing into areas that are already covered and leaving their own area

See Modric teeing up Real's third goal, McGinn teeing up Villa's opener, you can't afford to have a player doing that, Fab's played a major part in costing us 3 goals in the last 5 games

I think a few people here, sadly most, need to better understand how we play at our very best and that the press and counter press is a vital part of that and it doesn't work as well as it needs to if you have a player rushing into areas that are already covered and leaving their own area

See Modric teeing up Real's third goal, McGinn teeing up Villa's opener, you can't afford to have a player doing that, Fab's played a major part in costing us 3 goals in the last 5 games
    All by himself?
    None of the other 9 (outfield) players in red shirts had any role in costing us those goals?
    Really?
    Not a single one?

Wow.
    What an incompetent.
    Why the fook is he still on our payroll?
    Get rid!!!!

/s

And again I have to ask, on the reverse side how many goals did he save us from conceding (either by himself or in tandem with other players) during the run between the 7-2 Villa defeat and when we ended up top of the league at Christmas?

And does he get credit for that? or... nah?

I've never seen someone with such a bug up their arse about a player in their own team

It's like a psychological tick or a trigger of some sort with you.
    It's Amazing!

P.S. I seem to recall a game in which Allisson cost us 3 goals almost entirely by himself and being careless passing lazily at the back and it was a single game. The City game if I remember correctly.

So should we expect another screed from you giving him stick for being equally incompetent as well....ooorrr......?
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    All by himself?
    None of the other 9 (outfield) players in red shirts had any role in costing us those goals?
    Really?
    Not a single one?

Wow.
    What an incompetent.
    Why the fook is he still on our payroll?
    Get rid!!!!

/s

And again I have to ask, on the reverse side how many goals did he save us from conceding (either by himself or in tandem with other players) during the run between the 7-2 Villa defeat and when we ended up top of the league at Christmas?

And does he get credit for that? or... nah?

I've never seen someone with such a bug up their arse about a player in their own team

It's like a psychological tick or a trigger of some sort with you.
    It's Amazing!

P.S. I seem to recall a game in which Allisson cost us 3 goals almost entirely by himself and being careless passing lazily at the back and it was a single game. The City game if I remember correctly.

So should we expect another screed from you giving him stick for being equally incompetent as well....ooorrr......?
    Get over it, i critique every player when they fk up, it's Fab more because he continually makes the same mistake every game

I'm not going to indulge you any further for a very simple reason, if you understood how the press and counter press works, you'd understand that Fab continually having a rush of blood and leaving the player in his area to get involved in a situation we already outnumber a player and the outnumbered player with nowhere to go being given an easy ball out to the fucking player in Fab's fucking area is a big fucking problem and he does it 3 or 4 times every fucking game

If it were any other player doing that every fucking game i'd go on about them doing it because it is a fucking liability to how we play and can easily lead to an opposition chance or goal and frequently does

FFS if you lot understood the importance of him not doing that shit we wouldn't ever have these debates about, it isn't debatable he does shit that allows our press and counter press to be broken every time he plays