Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Sparta Prague v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Conte won it playing 3 at the back.
    We'd 100% need to buy a new CB or 2 if we was going that way, and a better Left wing back, than Robertson, probably.

That's why I don't see us copying it, plus we are stacked in midfield (when everyone not injured), and will only have 2 spots due to formation change forward 3 pretty much the same, rest of the team not, we don't have the players, in the positions for it.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th March 2024 at 09:13 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I’m not trolling Kev we were successful for over 2 decades because we had continuity of system managers with experience of it & players, with tweaks & refinement of it rather than wholesale changes being made until Souness a former midfield favourite himself came in and tried to make it his own thing and egotistically tried to put his own stamp on it & fix something that wasn’t broken

And look how that turned out

I’m just incredibly wary of that mistake being repeated, that’s all

Best result is Jurgen changes his mind and says these are MY boys & the energy thry have given me has mr back on four wheels again

If alonso comes, we can't play the same formation 19x I can't see us bringing in so many players/selling, as my post above says.

Squad doesn't suit it without quite a few changes.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We'd 100% need to buy a new CB if we was going that way, and a better Left wing back, than Robertson, probably.

That's why I don't see us copying it, plus we are stacked in midfield (when everyone not injured), and will only have 2 spots due to formation change forward 3 pretty much the same, rest of the team not, we don't have the players, in the positions for it.
    I agree we don’t have the players to play it and it isn’t suited to those we have, this is my concern, especially as Evan’s followed Souness with his awful 3 at the back & we know FSG won’t fork out for top players in those positions

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    If alonso comes, we can't play the same formation 19x I can't see us bringing in so many players/selling, as my post above says.

Squad doesn't suit it without quite a few changes.
    That’s what I’m saying and the concern I’m raising

Alonso was a smart player & seems a smart manager who will be adaptable I just think whoever comes in will have to play the system we currently do, continuity is vital

Best thing is Jurgen changing his mind or Ulla changing his mind again, these are HIS boys there is so much growth development & potential there how can he leave now

From the Beeb:-

"Boss Jurgen Klopp says Ibrahima Konate's substitution was just 'precautionary'."
    He also says that Darwin still has room for improvement.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Super result
    Scoreline could have been anything!
    MotM again is Caoimhin

Nice to have a decent lead going into the second leg. Terrific attacking performance, but if we have a similar defensive display on Sunday, we’ll be in big trouble. We’ll never “park the bus” but we could do with some balance.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

playing 3 at the back. usually ends up with you not being able to get forward.. because you cant really push your wing backs on. leaves you very short in numbers at the back.. best solution is always 4.. and your full backs getting forward when they can.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Super result
    Scoreline could have been anything!
    MotM again is Caoimhin
    Is it just me that thinks we could give some team a proper pasting, if we took all our chances against them, but perversely we could get a proper pasting, if some team took all their chances against us ?
    Getting there.