Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football V2

The Covid thing is done now anyway, it has now mutated into something far less dangerous and potent, as viruses do with each mutation, whilst infection rates have escalated massively, serious illness and death from the current prevalent strain simply isn't happening, we're past the stage where it is life threatening and a serious illness for me, more people getting infected so it can mutate again and weaken itself further is probably the best thing that can happen now in my opinion
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The PL like Thomas Frank says need to set a rule of what is acceptable to call off a game.

I mean they've only had 20 months to figure it out.

Put it this way if we had 2-3 first teamers out id want our game off, if we play our cards right 8th Jan is a good time for us 😂

We will be missing 3 first team players and still have to play on, so it needs to be more than 3.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We will be missing 3 first team players and still have to play on, so it needs to be more than 3.
    I meant through Covid as if 3 have it then its likely to spread quickly.

Id bet United game is called off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Or in others words.

Get them 3rd booster jabs in guys and gals… You just ain’t protected without it….Honest

Who said timing was everything…?
    We should definitely, without question, trust the integrity and honesty of our government.

Snigger...

Mps have just voted for Johnson's Plan B, all match goers and those attending other large events and gatherings will now have to have a 'Covid passport' to gain entry to all football matches and other sizeable events by either:

Showing proof of having been double or triple vacinated

Providing a negative lateral flow test from the day of the event

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I meant through Covid as if 3 have it then its likely to spread quickly.

Id bet United game is called off.
    I bet they don't have 3 players missing, they just don't want to play Brentford while they are in a very good moment after their comeback win v Watford and with Toney their talisman returning from his Covid self isolating at at time when Rangnick's tactics aren't sticking as well or as quickly as he had hoped and they will be at a days rest disadvantage and travel disadvantage.

The issue is, as per my thread on the subject, if as per the filthy's statement 'a number of players and staff tested positive on Sunday and the results were confirmed by PCR tests on Monday' this means all those who tested positive on the Monday had to self isolate for 10 days, THAT is the protocol, that means if their reasons for 'having' to postpone v Brentford are as claimed and the Premier League have accepted that, The Premier League know the rules, so must also postpone their game v Brighton

Pretty simply to me, postpone their Brighton game too, or if they can go ahead and play it, make them forfeit the Brentford game for having lied to have it postponed for other reasons and hand Brentford a 3-0 win

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mps have just voted for Johnson's Plan B, all match goers and those attending other large events and gatherings will now have to have a 'Covid passport' to gain entry to all football matches and other sizeable events by either:

Showing proof of having been double or triple vacinated

Providing a negative lateral flow test from the day of the event
    Yep. Their way of vaccinating the unvaccinated.
    No vaccine? Sorry no fun for you.

Theres a massive possibility the afcon is going to be cancelled again. which is good news
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. Their way of vaccinating the unvaccinated.
    No vaccine? Sorry no fun for you.
    Which implicates everyone concerned in crimes against humanity according to the Nuremberg code. The court cases are coming