Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man City v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just want to say yet again, as Mané has been mentioned, him staying would have changed little as his form has fallen off a cliff just like the rest of our squad this season, while Diaz, has consistently been one of our best performers since coming in.

Mané leaving has had nothing whatsoever to do with our current malaise
    Maybe Sadio seen the iceberg !!

Just read a quote from Fowler regarding us not qualifying for the CL.
    He thinks that the likes of Virgil and Mo might want to leave if we don't make it. I'd be genuinely happy to see any player go if that's how they felt.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Just read a quote from Fowler regarding us not qualifying for the CL.
    He thinks that the likes of Virgil and Mo might want to leave if we don't make it. I'd be genuinely happy to see any player go if that's how they felt.
    If I was Virgil I'd be keeping my head down .

120M from psg for the pair and I'd agree.

Agree with Ian - Keep your head down big fella.

However IF we sold Virgil and Mo, well the entire dna has gone. The 2 single most influential outfield players we have seen since Luis…

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just want to say yet again, as Mané has been mentioned, him staying would have changed little as his form has fallen off a cliff just like the rest of our squad this season, while Diaz, has consistently been one of our best performers since coming in.

Mané leaving has had nothing whatsoever to do with our current malaise
    All comps

P29 G11 A5

Isn't exactly what i'd call having fallen off a cliff, through having missed a few weeks with an injury, a knock injury i believe

It's his pressing, link play and defending at LFWD or No9 i think we've missed most, especially in Diaz's absence

I'm sure most goals we've let in have come from attacks down our left loc, as we seem to have ditched the LCM controller role and we've been sorely missing a Diaz or Mane with their pressing defending runs in behind and always giving the runs and option for a right to left switch or diagonal, not that Trent's had much opportunity to get in the areas he plays them from this season mind
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The pressing from the front has been pretty non existent tbh, although it seems it's no longer something we do much of effectively in any area with the attempted style change

I don't think ditching our pressing was deliberate or it has anything whatsoever to do with legs as the technical astute positioning off one another is more important, i think not nearly enough thought or consideration has been put into how changing one thing might severely adversely affect several others that were more important to our chances of being successful and it's sadly been a recurring theme since the last third of the 19-20 season

So sad I missed this and was at work

TOP4 here we come
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    So sad I missed this and was at work

TOP4 here we come
    Yeah that's the spirit Kev, don't worry Thiago and Elliott will be raining down the goals assists and passes before the assist beginning any game now, they've just been biding their time waiting to deliver what we bought them to these past 2 and 2 thirds seasons

FFS we havent ditched any press. we spend half the time on the half way line.. 2 more players deeper yesterday would have helped to close the spaces. we were wide open.. 2 balls ,one down the side and 1 across that's all it takes to score against us.
    Has for Virgil and Salah wanting to leave. thats just an opinion of Fowlers. don't take it has gospel

And its Jurgens fault that Virgil is not playing well in some ways..hes expected to stop every attack. its not possible when your the wide open. Teams are allowed to learn to run into different places on the pitch. that makes it difficult for Van Djik to judge whether to press or drop. another body or 2 in there. gives him a better chance
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century