Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I am with 19 on this- Rice just looks decent in a West Ham side, he’s big and English. More than a whiff of overrated about him.

On Foden… Not too hard to look good in that City side. He is young and nimble but is he really that great without KDB, Silva and the rest of the cast?. I guess we will see at the WC, unless it’s another Harry Kane Raheem Sterling dive fest, in which case they won’t need him.
    I am not championing Rice at all, this post is about his price tag, I d feel though since our midfield is so old and pedestrian any youngish bull looks like they could walk into our team, so I will grant the Rice is just decent part.

Phil Foden on the other hand different gravy, he is one of those generational talents. He will look good anywhere. I am not admiring him now, even when he was starting out, i love the technique, confidence, touch and goal scoring threat. He is the best English player in my view, haven't seen much of Bellingham so can't say. But of all the England players who are going to the world cup he is the best footballer and could play in any of the technical footballing sides (Brazil, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, France). Only English player since the Gerrard, Rooney, Owen, Lampard era that is in the bracket of good to world class.

I get you. Probably all true. He does look good for certain, but as I say, it does help inside a Pep team of world class talent. I will reserve judgement until December.

He may well take the World Cup by storm

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Short term play Gomez RB move Trent to midfield. Or change formation to provide cover for Ttent, let him bomb forward less as well as doing the inverted fullback/playmaker attacking central midfield thing.

Short terms is less than a month left before we break for WC. Then January try and sign a RB price range of Tsimi or more.
    would it work to make him and robbo a wingbacks ...with three at the back?

Desperately need to get back to having Gomez at RB, he is generally as bad at CB as Trent is at RB. One good game v City at CB for Gomez then he reverts to type again next game.
    I would go as far as to say Phillips at CB and Gomez at RB is stronger than Trent at RB and Gomez at CB, that must be the weakest combination of CB and RB in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    That's because he's got more chances than virtually any other player not named 'Mo Salah'
    Even when he's had terrible games (and he's has had far too many of those), he still gets to start the next game or complete 90 minutes without worrying about being pulled.

Comparing him in that regard to Tsimikas who only gets game time when Robbo is injured or playing poorly is beyond ridiculous to the point of being laughable.

And you still didn't refute the point that despite what you're characterizing as a "terrible game" from him, virtually ALL of West Ham's best chances to score came from the OTHER wing and Trent's flank.

If Tsimikas has a terrible game then why were West Ham directing all of their attacks down the right wing instead of his wing?
    Why do virtually every team we play do this - especially when Trent is on the field, because City for sure are hell weren't doing it when Milly had Foden locked down? Every single game, but Tsimikas is the terrible defender.

And you're saying that his assist was the only good thing he contributed. Then what the hell did Trent contribute?
    Did any of his corners connect? Any of his crosses?
    Steveo was right.
    People like you have rose-tinted glasses when it comes to Trent (along with some other clown on here who loves to hear himself speak), and you're not doing the lad any good denying this reality that he's a terrible defender who's largely responsible for our poor start this season and a large number of the goals we've conceded (YES, I'm placing a large part of that blame on him. Look at the goal stats and where they've all originated from and who it was that was beaten or was lazy to get back to cover after getting beaten).

It's this kind of coddling and denial of reality (and Klopp himself is a big culprit in this) that's led to him not feeling the need to better himself as a defender or put any effort in improving his play.

For half a game?!?!?
    He was brought on as a sub.
    You're telling me Milly - probably the fittest player we have in the squad despite his age - wouldn't be able to handle another spell of some 30 odd minutes playing in the position that he already played in really well last Saturday?

Come on.

Again, coddling.
    Yes they did attack more down our right that has been the case for a few years though and overall defence wise it is weaker.

In out pomp we had Gini/Mane basically blocking the left side off and id argue Trent doesnt get as much help either.

Milner looked good last night when he came on but as we've seen lately he isnt always up to speed and Sunday was a demanding game too.

As ive said you mention half a game but we dont have the details the club do as Klopp mentions it all the time.

I didnt want Darwin to go off personally but he did and thankfully we won that is all that matters.

If Ramsey had been fit maybe he can put pressure on Trent now as you are right he has been an automatic choice.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Desperately need to get back to having Gomez at RB, he is generally as bad at CB as Trent is at RB. One good game v City at CB for Gomez then he reverts to type again next game.
    I would go as far as to say Phillips at CB and Gomez at RB is stronger than Trent at RB and Gomez at CB, that must be the weakest combination of CB and RB in the league.
    It defo isnt the weakest look at Forest Williams/Aurier and Cook come on lets be fair here.

I had to laugh at Moysie when he fell onto the floor last night. stupid loser
    Last edited by justme; 20th October 2022 at 10:08 AM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Haha that's hiliarious

So glad we won last night, makes a change deserving to lose and winning, instead of a few individual mistakes making us lose a game we dominated
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I had to laugh at Moysie when he fell onto the floor last night. stupid loser
    LOL. Anfield is the most painful ground of his life. He should be careful with his health coming to Anfield cause nothing but heartache for him

I remember laughing when i saw it live
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century