Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal (after international break)

I agree Nineteen we dont seem to be a threat from corners etc.

Maybe teams have worked our routine out ?? Not giving us space to attack the ball or our corners are just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I agree Nineteen we dont seem to be a threat from corners etc.

Maybe teams have worked our routine out ?? Not giving us space to attack the ball or our corners are just crap.
    The point is, the video analysis teams job is to study how other teams defend their set pieces, corners especially and how other teams exploit that and how we can stop them trying to exploit us at set pieces, the point is that it isn't a one season wonder then if that doesn't work everything is all good, they need to constantly evolve and re-evaluate how we do things at set pieces to keep us at the very top of our game at them

Today our fabled and famous and allegedly brilliant and no doubt highly paid video analysis team were out maneuvered by Kevin Nolan's expertise

It just seems like between the set pieces, several players apparently not understanding how to press and counter press and thinking like Justme does that what it involves is blindly running to wherever the ball is very fast and the lack of any threat on our left or viable consistent and persistent threat on our left, far too many departments in our club have been resting on their laurels not putting the required amount of work into all these things to ensure we are the best possible side we can be
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th November 2021 at 11:32 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thanks.. lets remind you of your opinion on the midfield isssue "ahh we'll be fine"
    I have no quarrel with you or anyone else doing that.

Critique it all you want, disagree with it all you want, fire empirical evidence about it or a more "gut feeling" opinion about it all you want. You won't be alone. I welcome it. Diversity makes for an interesting community. There will be appropriate threads (I'll update the appearance-related thread about Wijnaldum now and again for example, hopefully not descending into transfer chatter) relevant to that subject and you can heavily disagree with my stance on things until the cows come home.

Just leave the "zzzz" and "you couldn't give a shit" and "you complete selfish pig" shite at the door. I've by-and-large been made to feel very, very welcome here over the last 12/13 years and it's been really nice to engage with everyone and I am very keen for that to continue - and I include yourself in that for the 99.9% of the time within which you're being perfectly reasonable.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Back on topic, I'm more confident about this game than I felt before west ham... i'll probably curse it now but whatever

Arsenal are doing well, but they won't be able to bully us like west ham, and complete different way of playing, think we'll win rather easily.

Hopefully allison can make a save if needed.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 14th November 2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Lets see which injuries we pick up on international duty before we predict the team !!

Keita called up for his country cant make it up can you.
    We have another 3-4 days of sweating to go yet.

This shit really can destroy teams.

Also wish Wenger would fuck off to this bloke moaned like a baby about "fatigue" whilst at Arsenal now wants WC every two years.

Man is in bed with the human rights abusers

Alisson
    Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas
    Hendo Fabinho Thiago
    Salah Jota Mane

Ox and Minamino in if Hendo and Mane are out

Curtis Jones is still a number of weeks away from returning to action due to 'freak' eye injury suffered in training a fortnight ago... but Liverpool insist 'there is no lasting damage'
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The point is, the video analysis teams job is to study how other teams defend their set pieces, corners especially and how other teams exploit that and how we can stop them trying to exploit us at set pieces, the point is that it isn't a one season wonder then if that doesn't work everything is all good, they need to constantly evolve and re-evaluate how we do things at set pieces to keep us at the very top of our game at them

Today our fabled and famous and allegedly brilliant and no doubt highly paid video analysis team were out maneuvered by Kevin Nolan's expertise

It just seems like between the set pieces, several players apparently not understanding how to press and counter press and thinking like Justme does that what it involves is blindly running to wherever the ball is very fast and the lack of any threat on our left or viable consistent and persistent threat on our left, far too many departments in our club have been resting on their laurels not putting the required amount of work into all these things to ensure we are the best possible side we can be
    What are you blaming the video analysis team for?

Their 2 set piece goals are balls into the 6 yard box area and not one of our lads jump to compete for the cross.
    We did a little better on the one they hit the crossbar, Matip nearly jumped for the ball, Jota and Virgil did jump.

On their other goal, Fab plays the ball to Mane in space. Mane gets turned over badly. After the turnover Fabinho reacts best.
    He tries to close the ball down and get a tackle in.
    Ox or Robbo should have got a foot in thereafter and Trent slow to react initially ends up busting a gut trying to get back.

This gut busting run from Trent at the end was in contrast with Ox&Robbos 'running' not too far away, or Manes lack of ferocity to win the ball that he lost in midfield back.

You have to fight to win.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What are you blaming the video analysis team for?

Their 2 set piece goals are balls into the 6 yard box area and not one of our lads jump to compete for the cross.
    We did a little better on the one they hit the crossbar, Matip nearly jumped for the ball, Jota and Virgil did jump.

On their other goal, Fab plays the ball to Mane in space. Mane gets turned over badly. After the turnover Fabinho reacts best.
    He tries to close the ball down and get a tackle in.
    Ox or Robbo should have got a foot in thereafter and Trent slow to react initially ends up busting a gut trying to get back.

This gut busting run from Trent at the end was in contrast with Ox&Robbos 'running' not too far away, or Manes lack of ferocity to win the ball that he lost in midfield back.
    Lol Fab plays Mane into trouble, he passes to him with 2 players right by him waiting to nick it, walks right into the trap West Ham were setting all game, then he doesn't make a challenge or try to, it is instantly played to Bowen, and Fab's the nearest and HAS to take a yellow for the team, but let's him run past him, just as he did Jesus v City and the runner from midfield for both Brentford's goals.

It is a very common tactic in too many games, it was in his first season too, teams focus on trying to release players to create 3v2's against our CBs through exploiting Fab. There have been several games in which they pick everyone else up and let him have the ball too, and wait for a poor choice of pass or the easy pass and wait to rob him when it comes back to him, if our fabled analysis teams can't see teams set up to play off Fab they truly have taken their eye of the ball in every aspect of their job, they been setting up to play off Fab since the second half of his first season when we went back to 433 and moved the line higher, he's never a midfielder or a No6, he's a destroyer, he doesn't have the reading of the game, the spacial and visual awareness or positional sense of where to position himself off our other players in accordance to where opposition players are and never will have it, he runs to wherever the ball is, as destroyers do, in our system, teams will exploit that or try to all game long and get at least 2 good opportunities to, which is what has been happening
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”