Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: November International Bollix

Harsh on Steven Gerrard that Steveo.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Just abolish international football. It’s shite.
    I do like seeing other teams, that you wouldn't normally see, it makes it interesting however.....

On a competitive point of view something needs to happen, smaller number of teams, higher quality, seperate it...... make it more interesting of a competition i.e not part timers like san marino.

San marino and the likes can have there own "europa league" yes I get there's world cup qualifiers and the likes, but honestly what's the fucking point?? it's a waste of time having some teams in it. and extra games and injury's for what?

There's never any big surprises or shocks unless it's a half decent team, wales for example on a international level, can be classed as that.

P.S neco williams has been brilliant for them lately, he either needs to leave, or somehow get him more game time for us, or a loan.... to develop his career, it's no good him sitting in the reserves for us.

International goalscoring records are a frigging joke, kane is going to have a statue when he retires probably for engerland, and what have they won? "I scored 4 past san marino"
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th November 2021 at 12:49 PM.

He’s been playing at LB and it seems to suit him.

I’m obviously joking. The euros were great last year. Tournament football is great. These games against San Marino etc shouldn’t be happening. Restructuring is badly needed. No wc every 2 years though. Just devalues it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Harsh on Steven Gerrard that Steveo.
    Perhaps but he wasn’t ever best player in the world material was he?

The fact is for a bunch of football mad nations with 72,000,000 people we do extremely poorly in terms of top clas players and managers.

Edit: historically we have done ok with managers - Especially during the 80’s but a look around today and there is nobody of note.
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th November 2021 at 02:22 PM.

I’m obviously joking. The euros were great last year. Tournament football is great. These games against San Marino etc shouldn’t be happening. Restructuring is badly needed. No wc every 2 years though. Just devalues it IMO
    In that case I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    A pretty sweeping statement, especially so from anyone on these British Isles, where the sport was invented and with a combined population at almost 72,000,000 yet unable to produce much in the way of the world's best players since George Best!

I agree it is annoying especially so with all these stupid games against nations that are dwarfed by even Wales! But labeling ALL international football "shite".. Harsh
    "dwarfed by even Wales"
    Baaaaastard

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    "dwarfed by even Wales"
    Baaaaastard
    Sorry dude. Just used it to highlight how small some of these nations are.

San Marino FFS! They used to be an anomaly - but now we have the Baltic states - the Faroes, Gib-fekin-bralter, plus half a Czechoslovakia now broken into 2 - a Yugoslavia broken into 7 (seven)… plus Andorra, Luxembourg… just too many minnows creating so many more games.

Just awaiting Vatican City to give it a go too.
    Last edited by Steveo; 17th November 2021 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sorry dude. Just used it to highlight how small some of these nations are.

San Marino FFS! They used to be an anomaly - but now we have the Baltic states - the Faroes, Gib-fekin-bralter, plus half a Chekoslovakia now broken into 2 - a Yugoslavia broken into 7 (seven)… plus Andorra, Luxembourg… just too many minnows creating so many more games.

Just awaiting Vatican City to give it a go too.
    Luxembourg beat us earlier in campaign. 🥲

Luxembourg beat us earlier in campaign. 🥲
    I know - as we all know in football anything is possible in a game. I would put my mortgage on the fact that Luxembourg wouldn’t have prayer against Wales over 2 legs. I mean it’s a pub team.