Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Arsenal (after international break)

I expect our lads and whatever team Jurgen puts out to absolutely bum Arsenal into oblivion, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points

As much as Arsenal have improved under Arteta, for me they don't have the type of or mix of players that cause us the issues we have in some games while having the type of and mix of players that our lads usually perform at their best against

Arsenal have improved defensively, but in all honesty, Mo, Mane and Jota should absolutely rip their defence and their 2 CBs in particular, they have improved and got a lot better at dealing with certain types of or quality of forwards who used to routinely give them issues, but they're still not near a level at which I think they can deal with our front 3 supported by our full backs or released one v one against them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Lol Fab plays Mane into trouble, he passes to him with 2 players right by him waiting to nick it, walks right into the trap West Ham were setting all game, then he doesn't make a challenge or try to, it is instantly played to Bowen, and Fab's the nearest and HAS to take a yellow for the team, but let's him run past him, just as he did Jesus v City and the runner from midfield for both Brentford's goals.

It is a very common tactic in too many games, it was in his first season too, teams focus on trying to release players to create 3v2's against our CBs through exploiting Fab. There have been several games in which they pick everyone else up and let him have the ball too, and wait for a poor choice of pass or the easy pass and wait to rob him when it comes back to him, if our fabled analysis teams can't see teams set up to play off Fab they truly have taken their eye of the ball in every aspect of their job, they been setting up to play off Fab since the second half of his first season when we went back to 433 and moved the line higher, he's never a midfielder or a No6, he's a destroyer, he doesn't have the reading of the game, the spacial and visual awareness or positional sense of where to position himself off our other players in accordance to where opposition players are and never will have it, he runs to wherever the ball is, as destroyers do, in our system, teams will exploit that or try to all game long and get at least 2 good opportunities to, which is what has been happening
    Mane makes a movement getting a yard or 2 of space to receive a pass. He's looking for the ball off fab and gets it.
    Mane could do the spectacular or simple pass back to Fab. It's a poor turnover in a bad position from Mane.

I expect our lads and whatever team Jurgen puts out to absolutely bum Arsenal into oblivion, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points

As much as Arsenal have improved under Arteta, for me they don't have the type of or mix of players that cause us the issues we have in some games while having the type of and mix of players that our lads usually perform at their best against

Arsenal have improved defensively, but in all honesty, Mo, Mane and Jota should absolutely rip their defence and their 2 CBs in particular, they have improved and got a lot better at dealing with certain types of or quality of forwards who used to routinely give them issues, but they're still not near a level at which I think they can deal with our front 3 supported by our full backs or released one v one against them
    On paper and subject to late fitness tests, we should beat them. On form they're hotter - 4 wins & 2 draws in their last 6, 5 points more than us.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    On paper and subject to late fitness tests, we should beat them. On form they're hotter - 4 wins & 2 draws in their last 6, 5 points more than us.
    It's a bit like going into the game v the filthy, Arsenal haven't played anyone of note except City and Chelsea and lost both of those games conceding 7 goals in total and scoring none, they're at the filthy's level, very capable of picking up points against a fair few sides, but short of where they need to be against top sides, their only credibleish win has been away to Leicester, but Brenny's big time bottlers have been blowing hot and cold since the start of the season and remain a weird outfit who can actually produce wins against the very top sides and then be woeful against mediocre sides the next game

It's a bit like going into the game v the filthy, Arsenal haven't played anyone of note except City and Chelsea and lost both of those games conceding 7 goals in total and scoring none, they're at the filthy's level, very capable of picking up points against a fair few sides, but short of where they need to be against top sides, their only credibleish win has been away to Leicester, but Brenny's big time bottlers have been blowing hot and cold since the start of the season and remain a weird outfit who can actually produce wins against the very top sides and then be woeful against mediocre sides the next game
    Aftv is a happier place to be these days, over the last 6 games 14 points, 5 points more for them than us. 2.33 ppg above top 4 pace 2ppg

We are on the same points 9 as Leicester. 1.5 ppg and below top 4 pace over 6 games Only westham have more wins than the arse 5 out of 6.

We are due a performance and I expect us to win. A tougher test than manu.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Mane makes a movement getting a yard or 2 of space to receive a pass. He's looking for the ball off fab and gets it.
    Mane could do the spectacular or simple pass back to Fab. It's a poor turnover in a bad position from Mane.
    It's a poor decision by Fab end of, Mane makes and made those sorts of runs coming short all the time when Hendo or Gini were at No6 and guess what, they didn't give him the fucking ball because they're proper No6's and midfielders who can see 2 players Mane thinks he's away from are going to be straight on him as soon as he is given the ball and they'll likely be a turnover in a position you can't afford to have one.

Neither Hendo or Gini would have played the pass to Mane there, the ball that was on was wide to Robbo, in lots of space, for all our players to move again, the ball both of them would have played

Stopped excusing him, he is not good enough with the ball or without it, he's a destroyer not a No6, I have seen us concede more goals as a result of his poor play, reading of the game and positional awareness at No6 than I have seen from any of our other players and by a considerable fucking distance, at times other players haven't covered themselves in glory and the Fab fan club have always tried to blame them instead, but all the situations they've done that with, it has been a basic but major error by Fab that has allowed the position to be created 'other players could have done better from' after his error that has led to just far too many goals we've conceded

If we're going to go back in time in how we play to the first half of the 18-19 season and throw away all the evolution elsewhere in the side to accommodate him, absolutely fine, if that's what Jurgen wants to do, but we simply can't play that high line or attempt to play the combined team press and counter press as we did at its very highest levels since Jurgen arrived with Fab in the team, he just isn't a proper No6 or midfielder who lends himself to such a system

People made all the excuses in the world for how crap we suddenly became after he came back in without having to earn it in 19-20, the league was won blah blah blah and none of the excuses had anything to do why we became crap and beatable all of a sudden, Hendo got injured, we had got used to a way of playing, had an incredible evolution in how we played with him at No6 actually, all the movement, positioning, triggers for runs, pressing and counter pressing had become finely tuned and geared off that.

We then tried to play the same with Fab in that role and it was a disaster, suddenly nothing worked as it had, because he doesn't have the passing, reading of the game, awareness and positional astuteness of Hendo or Gin and he never will have, it's why I would have sold him and got a proper No6 in, I'd sell him tomorrow and bring the Monaco lad Tchouameni in, because he's a proper No6, a better No6 than Fab will ever be even at just 21 years old, as are some others we have been linked with

Midfield wise, it's not just our failure to replace Gini that has been an issue, we have got a similar situation to the one the filthy have with Pogba with Fab, Pogba needs to play in a midfield 3, with better players than McTominay and Fred, who are pretty decent players, but are both suite to playing in a 2 and don't compliment each other or Pogba and their other players are suited to playing a 4231.

For us Fab will never be a top class No6 suited to playing in a 3 as we need to play to be at our very best with how the team has evolved, Fab is best suited to playing in a 2 in a 4231, your favourite formation, but like with the filthy's problems, all our other players are best suited by far to playing a 433, or a 343 before we should even think about playing 4231 and putting the side we have through an even greater devolution than we did by bringing Fab back in in the first place

Play Fab, play the line a lot deeper, like last season when we had no first team Cbs available, set the team press lower in a different position, make sure all our other players are prepared to react to his rushes of blood and brain farts and we might get top four and to the latter stages of the Champions league, but we won't be winning anything

I've seen us be far FAR better without Fab in the side than we ever have been with him in it and I don't want to and never did want to go back to being a far inferior side to when at our very best, we can't and never will get to the very highest levels we reached under Jurgen with Fab as a starter, as a first 11 player, let alone evolve our levels further and higher, he doesn't lend himself or LCM or RCM and he'll never be good enough to play as No6 as we need it to be played to play at our best, he doesn't have the required skills set for it
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 20th November 2021 at 02:24 AM.

In Jurgen's system, every player who can play No6 IE has the skills sets it requires in our set up, should absolutely be entirely comfortable and able to play LCM or RCM controller, and although not as attacking, somewhere between controller and more attacking when required, we have a midfielder who can only play in the No6 position, who isn't a proper No6 and was only the third best we had for that position prior to Gini's departure, it's not good enough, it will never be good enough

We've spent too many games playing players far better than he is at No6 at RCM and LCM to cover for his brain farts and lack of a midfielders brain and understanding and reading of the game in that position as it is, it's a very bad fucking joke the truth be told

He's going to have to play tomorrow by the looks of things, because including other players in positions who can try and cover his fuck ups is the best option we have with the injuries

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Tsimikas

Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Jota Mane

Just hope it's the deeper line and press and counter press set in a different position and one of our other 3 midfielders always staying put alongside Fab to try and make sure we stay solid in our press and counter press and help clear up any brain farts and we should still administer Arsenal a bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points that way

Seems like an age since our last game. Looking.g forward to this evening despite my worries about us.
    International football puts my interest in hibernation, it really is shit and I don't know many if any fans who think differently. Even lads who I work with who follow Boro feel the same.

be interested in the body language today,. no disrepect to Arsenal but its a game are expected to win..We really do need to win. our form aint been great for a while
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century