Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Porto

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    The strike was very unusual
    Not actually so rare or unusual on the continent certainly not the situation anyway..

here yet another fekin Croat - this time Rakitic hits one in a similar fashion. Again the ball is nicely teed up with a low bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

here yet another fekin Croat - this time Rakitic hits one in a similar fashion. Again the ball is nicely teed up with a low bounce.
    It’s still not the same kind of strike. That one last night was really unusual

It’s still not the same kind of strike. That one last night was really unusual
    It was fine strike whatever and he shows it many times in training as mentioned by Klopp.

The fact is we have been starved of that kind of quality in the middle IMO for far too long, and now is the time to step it up and start playing a cleverer less taxing game.

I didn't, but I saw this and he looks very relieved - just how I felt really. Tough to see this video and not see through the thinly veiled surliness. I would wager he did not want to go that strong last night.

"Kind of a rhythm". . naah not fooling anyone there mr Klopp

The bottom line on the lineup was that

"it worked OUT really well - so - because nobody got injured - stuff like this so everything is good.. sigh..

Not that, a journo asked him to apologise to Africa and acon over his disrespectful comments 🙄

Klopp was a bit taken a back, as the comments made were a reply to there's no international football till March, where he quipped there's a small matter of the acon.
    This led the journo to demand an apology for belittling Africa and acon.

I am not saying it wasn't that hard a chance at all. I am saying for players with Thiago's natural ability it was not one of the most difficult chances to deliver that strike from. Klopp even said it in his post-match. he does that frequently in training I am sure.
    Yes I’m sure HE does it in training a lot because it is classic Thiago.

What you’re saying is quite pedantic -

With his natural ability
    Not one of the most difficult chances
    To deliver that strike from

What I said was
    “I don’t think anyone else in world football would hit it like that“

Your nit picking above doesn’t address the claim. We might imagine someone else doing it but it was, in fact, Thiago who done it

And having people disagree with you does mean something unless you are arrogant enough to think only your perception can be accurate.

And I am saying that others have hit the ball in a very similar way - or at least as effective a way (who is pedantic ) and in tougher circumstances and I posted evidence.

And I am saying that others have hit the ball in a very similar way - or at least as effective a way (who is pedantic ) and in tougher circumstances and I posted evidence.
    Ah, well, in at least as effective a way. What was I thinking.

That strike was pure Thiago last night. Although, given his talent it wasn’t that difficult to do and, whilst no one is world football can hit it quite like that, let’s take a moment to remember that many people do score goals from outside the box that are at least as effective at achieving their aim and it must be the case that many of those goals also occur under more difficult or important circumstances

That’s what I should have said

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Not that, a journo asked him to apologise to Africa and acon over his disrespectful comments ��

Klopp was a bit taken a back, as the comments made were a reply to there's no international football till March, where he quipped there's a small matter of the acon.
    This led the journo to demand an apology for belittling Africa and acon.

It was really sad and incredible too. English is not Klopp's first language - but he understands the nuance, he used classic British sarcasm in his use of little. Sadly this is what happens when people are paranoid. they read things the wrong way.

EDIT:
    Klopp was clearly not a happy bunny though before that reporter (also a non English native speaker) got to him.

Were English Klopp's first Language he probably would have stated - Had the AFCON been the EUROS or the COPA AMERICA I would have also used the word "little"....little in the this case was used as classic sarcasm, instead of BIG/HUGE/MASSIVE. A retort to the notion that there was no International football until March. FFS

Almost unbelievable that this so-called Journo was able to misunderstand it so blatantly. Almost like he was put up to it?
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th November 2021 at 01:05 PM.

Ah, well, in at least as effective a way. What was I thinking.

That strike was pure Thiago last night. Although, given his talent it wasn’t that difficult to do and, whilst no one is world football can hit it quite like that, let’s take a moment to remember that many people do score goals from outside the box that are at least as effective at achieving their aim and it must be the case that many of those goals also occur under more difficult or important circumstances

That’s what I should have said
    Or you could have just enjoyed the marvelous examples of football technique which I posted.

I just wanted to highlight that - that level of technique is NOT exclusive to Thiago and that we should be looking for more to compliment.

Here's Klopp post match - CC on the AFCON from 3:10

Just crazy that this idiot...and he IS an 'idiot'...could take these comments the way he did.

Replying to a journalist on Saturday, who asked if Klopp was "relieved" they had got through a busy period with "no international break until March", Klopp laughed and replied:
    "I've heard that so often that there's no international break until March. In January, there's a little tournament in Africa, I just want to say, and I think Asia is playing games, too - South America as well, great, can't wait."

And what a great manager. Glad he said what I and also others would get laughed at by some for saying.

In answer to a local journo who was suggesting that even with so many changes Porto couldn't lay a glove on us (clearly didn't watch the game or is blind) "we could have lost this game tonight". We gave chances away where they could have scored and that would have made the game obviously very difficult - so we should not make too much of it, we were lucky in moments"
    Last edited by Steveo; 25th November 2021 at 01:29 PM.