Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'd give Phillips a go before Kabak.

VVd
    NEW.CB
    Gomez
    Phillips

Having another HG player in there means we can move the Ox on.
    Phillips will still be here we will need 5 CBs imo.

Kabak may be classed as under 21 so doesnt take up an overseas role.

One thing ive noticed in recent games how teams have been more open. i cant recall the last time we faced a low block.
    Be interested to see how that pans out.. attacking teams will cause us more problems if we keep the high line.But last evening we managed to cope with it better with better ball control and possession.. be interesting to see our approach and the oppositions further on. I would prefer teams to be less attacking personally..I worry about getting into attack against defence on both ends of the pitch.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Phillips will still be here we will need 5 CBs imo.

Kabak may be classed as under 21 so doesnt take up an overseas role.
    5? Sure we needed them this season, but this season is a total freak.

How many sides have 5cbs?

United have 5 and City have 6. Both clubs have minimum 4 solid first team seniors. We started the season with 3! And one of them was Matip!!!!

We need 5 minimum if Matip is still here

Jurgen also needs to change it up a bit. He’s been in for some deserved criticism lately. Argue as you like about it, but he needs to change things up when it’s not working.

Players don’t seem smart enough to change things on their own. We saw yesterday with our front three, it’s all about themselves sometimes when you need to win a match. That’s not right. Get comfortably ahead, then go for your own personal achievements.

A suarez/gerrard/coutinho like player is needed who can change things on their own.

Spend big or piss off watching MLB

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Jurgen also needs to change it up a bit. He’s been in for some deserved criticism lately. Argue as you like about it, but he needs to change things up when it’s not working.

Players don’t seem smart enough to change things on their own. We saw yesterday with our front three, it’s all about themselves sometimes when you need to win a match. That’s not right. Get comfortably ahead, then go for your own personal achievements.

A suarez/gerrard/coutinho like player is needed who can change things on their own.

Spend big or piss off watching MLB
    The start of your 2nd paragraph sums it up. I've been saying for a while that players should take responsibilty when things are not working out. They shouldn't need Klopp holding their hands, if things still don't work out at least they have had a go.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The start of your 2nd paragraph sums it up. I've been saying for a while that players should take responsibilty when things are not working out. They shouldn't need Klopp holding their hands, if things still don't work out at least they have had a go.
    They worked it out between themselves last season that culminated in a run of P15 W15 and then Jurgen changed that and that is where a lot of our issues that have followed on into this season started, this season it was compounded by Jurgen changing things even more, trying to play through teams and breaking down almost all the automation the players had developed themselves and playing several key players out of form in the process

Yes we've had shocking injuries, but blaming the players who absolutely did work things out themselves for changes enforced on them that have been catastrophic to our form is a new low on here
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They worked it out between themselves last season that culminated in a run of P15 W15 and then Jurgen changed that and that is where a lot of our issues that have followed on into this season started, this season it was compounded by Jurgen changing things even more, trying to play through teams and breaking down almost all the automation the players had developed themselves and playing several key players out of form in the process

Yes we've had shocking injuries, but blaming the players who absolutely did work things out themselves for changes enforced on them that have been catastrophic to our form is a new low on here
    The new low is blaming Fabinho for every mistake that happens in the team. Have a word with yourself.

Klopp tells them to misplace passes? Or to not provide an assist for a player in a better position?

You’re missing the purpose of the comment which is standard for you. Not a new low, just something we’ve come accustomed to. SMH

Here we go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkMDaWJiWCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mAFuIjAz8

There were numerous instances of Henderson's pressing being absolutely crucial to our scoring goals last season in the P15 W15 run

Here we had a highly intelligent player, who had watched from the sidelines at what Fab did, the higher pressing and trying to affect things from there, seen where when and how it caused us problems and worked hard at his game to develop it, to be more creative than Fab had, to be better at high pressing than Fab had and boy did he demonstrate that when he got his chance, culminating in him winning POTY for the incredible affect he had on the team

It wasn't just the midfield press he orchestrated, it was the entire press, urging players to get forward to support certain types of balls, the midfield when they were ahead of him and the full backs and when to put the ball in

Crucially, when you look at his position in these 2 goals, organising one or two of the other midfielders to cover him going forward to high press.

The Wolves goal was absolute pressing perfection, an example of what I mean when I write about knowing when to press and when not to and when to drop off a little, you don't see it properly on those short highlights, the passage of play leading to his intervention to tee Bobby up for our winner went on for over a minute, he took several different positions in that minute, holding a position to stop them having an easy ball out when most other players would have gone charging to the player with the ball allowing a simply movement from another player to give them an easy ball out.

He took about 5 or 6 different absolutely expert positions in that passage of play, watching everything, seeing what was on, waited and waited until the chance to rob the ball in a crucial position where we might score a goal from was there

Same for his intervention to nick the ball to Mo to set Bobby up v Spurs

There's been a lot of shite talked about Bobby, he thrived on that press in that run, it was his best run of scoring last season and scoring crucial goals at that, the players, or rather Captain fantastic worked that out and orchestrated it between himself and all the other players, it was Jurgen who changed it and made it far less effective, then changed things even further this season, playing Mane, Bobby and both full backs out of form in the process

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    The new low is blaming Fabinho for every mistake that happens in the team. Have a word with yourself.

Klopp tells them to misplace passes? Or to not provide an assist for a player in a better position?

You’re missing the purpose of the comment which is standard for you. Not a new low, just something we’ve come accustomed to. SMH
    You're missing the point, you're incapable of looking at the entire team dynamic, you haven't even noticed how it has drastically changed and why and think the entire game revolves around separate instances involving just one or two players, I have a newsflash for you Doc, it doesn't, your welcome, open your eyes man