Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CL Season 3: Ro16 First Legs

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    “It doesn’t matter - I’ll kill em all...”

My personal fave..
    “When you have to shoot - shoot.... don’t talk...”

Words our front line could use
    For them thats......"Unk, ....unk.....". Unknown! For some reason my son was asking about it last week so I showed him the "trio" showdown at the end. He recognised the music as I often have it on my Spotify.
    Probably my favourite movie ever. Or certainly a top 3er.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    For them thats......"Unk, ....unk.....". Unknown! For some reason my son was asking about it last week so I showed him the "trio" showdown at the end. He recognised the music as I often have it on my Spotify.
    Probably my favourite movie ever. Or certainly a top 3er.
    Aye - an absolute classic and probably my favourite film of all time. Must have watched it more than a hundred times

I also loved the quirky A Fist Full of Dynamite... Coburn and Steiger are magic alongside another fantastic Morricone score.

Enjoy

Atalanta 1-1 Real Madrid

Gladbach 0-3 Man City

Fucking commentary arse licking of Gaurdiola does my fucking head in

Wobble Gob "It just shows Pep is seeing the game now in a completely different prism to anyone else"

Seriously? he's just adopting many of the things we did miles better than any other club the past 2 seasons, the switches, the involvement of the full backs other than being an extra body for a short pass which is all he used them for the past 2 seasons

I'll give him credit that with Cancelo he has evolved the use of his full backs or that one in particular, to where I believe and have long talked about Klopp and the coaching staff and Robbo and Trent needing to evolve our full backs plays to

I swear the baldy cunt reads here, what he's done this season, what he's changed, is practically everything I said they needed to change to get back ahead of us and what we needed to do to evolve further
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What is that decision about in the Atalanta match?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    What is that decision about in the Atalanta match?!?!
    Whats happened?

City play more switches than they ever did this season and play more direct at times, people go one about how we used to play not working, we've barely used our switches this season, full back to full back or hendo right to left or centre to left or right, at a time when both Manchester clubs are fairing a lot better through playing more switches and using their full backs more like we used ours the last 3 seasons

Someone even posted the other day that City's wide forwards keep the width, erm hello, Mane and Mo always kept the width for us the past 3 seasons, our problems particularly in breaking down PTB teams started when we fucked about with that

Mo and Mane keeping the width always looking for runs in behind and outside in runs and being available to link with their full backs, switches centre to left or right or right to left to give a forward supported by a full back and Bobby or a midfielder some space on the opposite side, overload on the opposite side looking to make runs into the box

Text book Liverpool breaking down PTB and other sides the last 3 seasons, text book how City and the filthy are breaking these sides down in many games this season, but that apparently no longer works

1-0 City, brilliant ball by Cancelo and from exactly the kind of area I've been banging on about finding our full backs in and them putting those types of ball in as part of our evolution for the past 2 seasons

Robbo's put a couple of absolute beauts in from there to be fair, one for Jota and one for Bobby, both goals

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Whats happened?
    One of those up-for-debate ones where it's a "last man" situation but on his last touch the guy kicks it in such a way where he doesn't looked like he has control of the ball, moving it slightly away from goal, unlikely to score.

Yellow card all day for me. Straight red given.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Aye - an absolute classic and probably my favourite film of all time. Must have watched it more than a hundred times

I also loved the quirky A Fist Full of Dynamite... Coburn and Steiger are magic alongside another fantastic Morricone score.

Enjoy
    Two kinds of people in this world
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2w9X_tHU7k