Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Villa (FA Cup 3rd round)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Let Villa play the kids like we had to last year.
    Imagine getting thrashed by them

We’ll probably be made to play the night before the CL... with our kids. I’d be more than happy to see this season scrapped.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Apparently the game is in serious doubt as a result of an outbreak of Covid within the Villa camp.

Southampton v Shrewsbury is off after positive covid tests in the Shrews camp.

The FA will decide the fate of the tie early next week.

Come on guys, I’m sure if half our first team squad were unavailable for an FA Cup tie with Villa the FA would postpone it ...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Come on guys, I’m sure if half our first team squad were unavailable for an FA Cup tie with Villa the FA would postpone it ...
    Yep - there is a huge sense of irony about it. Of all teams Villa. Must be why they haven’t postponed it yet. Someone must have said - but hang on Liverpool’s entire first team were in the sodding Middle East last year when a similar Cup game was played. How can we cancel it now..?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yep - there is a huge sense of irony about it. Of all teams Villa. Must be why they haven’t postponed it yet. Someone must have said - but hang on Liverpool’s entire first team were in the sodding Middle East last year when a similar Cup game was played. How can we cancel it now..?
    I think the lads/klopp should have a trip to Siberia

Because that's what some of them deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I think the lads/klopp should have a trip to Siberia

Because that's what some of them deserve
    I can’t blame the players - they have been superb and IMO have massively over achieved.

I can’t blame the players - they have been superb and IMO have massively over achieved.
    Yeah massively over achieved because are team is dogshit right?

Like hell it is.....

People say we've got the best CB best goalie best front 3 in the world? Not to mention robbo and trent (normally) and this thiago bloke is meant to be world class

I don't really care, the results lately would be shit for teams like Everton never mind us, and the attitude about it stinks.

When all fit we was best team by mile, and had the best 11 by mile, teams like UTD are still getting there shit together, city had issues themselves, chelsea and spurs arsenal was just lol.... some of the teams are actually getting a grip now.

Also losing to atletico is not "over achiveing" either, shows you how weak the prem was though- they're a lot better this season so i hope we avoid them

we're not leicester ffs and there title winning season

I don't agree with the burnout either, other teams have been fine when defending title why can't we not like we've played he heavy anything this season? although I do agree FSG need to fuck off if we want to stay at the top, sad reality...
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th January 2021 at 08:22 PM.

No but overachieved with the number of games played. Most of them have played most of the games. Feels harsh to blame them for a drop in form now. There have been so consistent for so long .

I don’t personally believe that we have the best 11 - certainly not by a mile. They have performed the best over 18 months but that doesn’t mean they are better players 11 v 11. Guess we will see over the next few years. See who has won more over a 4 or 5 years period
    Last edited by Steveo; 7th January 2021 at 08:36 PM.

No but overachieved with the number of games played. Most of them have played most of the games. Feels harsh to blame them for a drop in form now. There have been so consistent for so long .
    Well I agree it's not fair, but that's FSG's fault, lack of money in the team you're going to get that sadly....

and I don't believe we need arab owners, not over half the clubs in the league have arab owners do they? with Oil coming out there ears...

you know, the same ones that spend more