Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Football Club Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Anyone remember the quick free kick when the ref wasn’t looking against Newcastle that was disallowed. Ball was moving so correct decision but I nearly fell off the couch at the ingenuity of it at the time. What a player.

https://youtu.be/Fjxv45OKgys

Poor quality video here.
    if he was scouse not a cunt, and stuck around for a while longer people would say he's the best player we've had for over 20 years if not longer, yep better than Gerrard

Won't see a player like that again here for a while I'd guess, bit like messi and ronaldo once in a generation- but not quite on there level BUT because he played for us, it makes it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if he was scouse not a cunt, and stuck around for a while longer people would say he's the best player we've had for over 20 years if not longer, yep better than Gerrard

Won't see a player like that again here for a while I'd guess, bit like messi and ronaldo once in a generation- but not quite on there level BUT because he played for us, it makes it like that.
    Not me. Suarez was/is brilliant at what he does, but Gerrard was brilliant at almost everything. He was the most complete player I've ever seen and the nearest thing there has been to a real life "Roy of the Rovers".

If I had to clone one player to make up a team of ten outfield players. and be confident of being able to beat any other team put in front of it, that player would be Gerrard. Not Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo, Maradona, or any other player.

wijnaldum is leaving Liverpool for Barca, seriously ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

I was privileged to have been at Anfield when we beat Norwich 5-1. Suarez scored four I think. Amazing player. Second best natural footballer I have ever seen "live". Gerrard was the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    wijnaldum is leaving Liverpool for Barca, seriously ?
    From the outside looking in, it does look a little odd.

If he does indeed leave we can't fault his professionalism. When we think of Gini and contrast it with Coutinho's "back injury" for example they are Worlds apart.

True

I guess you could also say from the inside looking out - that the situations are worlds apart.

Coutinho - in his prime - leaving a Liverpool side that had won nothing - going to what was still arguably the best side (perceived as such) in Europe - a boyhood fan too. A kind of its now or never scenario.

Gini - leaving the English Champions and recent European and STILL reigning World Champions for a desperate Barca.

I think things are different when you have won the lot already.

I just hope we keep our Gini.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st February 2021 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Why do you insist on trying to make out I've suggested that we go on some kind of gargantuan spending spree and get ourselves into massive debt? I haven't, so please knock it on the head.

I've only dealt in facts and things which most other reasoned people can see i.e. that 'we' have spent peanuts, and that we should be spending an amount commensurate with our standing in world football, our recent success, and most importantly in line with our revenue, that is if 'we' want to have sustained success, especially as and when Klopp leaves.
    Peanuts?
    How much was
    Salah Mane Alisson VVD Keita Oxlade ...

Peanuts?

What do fish eat ?because you have the memory of that fish in Nemo 🤣🤣
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

He’s referring to net spend dicko, as you well know. Our net spend has been peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    True

I guess you could also say from the inside looking out - that the situations are worlds apart.

Coutinho - in his prime - leaving a Liverpool side that had won nothing - going to what was still arguably the best side (perceived as such) in Europe - a boyhood fan too. A kind of its now or never scenario.

Gini - leaving the English Champions and recent European and STILL reigning World Champions for a desperate Barca.

I think things are different when you have won the lot already.

I just hope we keep our Gini.
    I'd be surprised a boyhood fan.
    Probably flamengo or sao Paulo.

Everyone in brazil likes the best team in Europe.

15 years or so ago growing up in brazil likely he also was a 'fan' of ac milan (pato).

No Brazilian can really call themself a 'true' fan of anything in Europe.
    It's more their second team scenario.
    Be like you Steveo.
    Your team is sligo rovers but you 'support' liverpool. 🤣🤣

On top of the peanuts
    You have got the salaries.
    £120m a year
    Liverpool are running a football club
    Not some kind of fantasy.