Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Alisson

All our forwards and other players need to aspire to and work a lot harder to reach Alisson's chance conversion rate, and efforts on target rate, he leads the entire league in these stats with 100% in both
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

That was an astute header. Wonderful to see. But I am thinking that must have been practised in training. If so does that account for the goalie injuries we have had involving Alison injuries in training and sometimes involving the backup keeper?. I think there have been a few such occurrences this season
    And if so it has been a high- risk strategy for what has been the first goalie goal in our entire history. It came off! But if that was a training ground ploy was it worth it long term?

Hes actually played very well in the last 4/5 weeks (apart from a couple of nerve jangling miskicks).
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Hes actually played very well in the last 4/5 weeks (apart from a couple of nerve jangling miskicks).
    Not disputing that Justine. Just wondering whether that has been a training ground practice that has sometimes cost us one and sometimes two goalies through injuries during this season.

I have no idea
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I have no idea
    There have been training ground injuries regarding Alison and our backup goalie.
    I was wondering how such expensive injuries could occur. If it was to practice goalies making headers at the death then that is s high- risk strategy. Our strikers need to be doing the business.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    There have been training ground injuries regarding Alison and our backup goalie.
    I was wondering how such expensive injuries could occur. If it was to practice goalies making headers at the death then that is s high- risk strategy. Our strikers need to be doing the business.
    Alisson said he hadn't practiced corners, he said sometimes they put crosses in and everyone has a go at heading the ball, but that wasn't an actual part of training, implied it was more just the players having a bit of pre or post training kick about

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Alisson said he hadn't practiced corners, he said sometimes they put crosses in and everyone has a go at heading the ball, but that wasn't an actual part of training, implied it was more just the players having a bit of pre or post training kick about
    That looked like something from the training ground that came off perfect. What an astute header
    I would not expect Alison to say anything different.
    What do you think?
    Practiced or a sheer fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    That looked like something from the training ground that came off perfect. What an astute header
    I would not expect Alison to say anything different.
    What do you think?
    Practiced or a sheer fluke?
    Not practiced, he knows how to head a football, he wasn't always a keeper growing up and he's a big lad and as a keeper obviously hugely practiced in spotting the ball judging the flight of the ball and used to players coming across the line of the ball and his line of sight once he has spotted it

Brilliant header, hopefully he doesn't have to get forward at last minute corners too often or any time soon, but, if he does it's really going to unnerve the opposition defence after that and he could do it again, or his presence in the box and the distraction it causes defenders might give one of our other lads a free header