Page 405 of 659 FirstFirst ... 305355395398399400401402403404405406407408409410411412415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

I forgot Iheanacho started out at City. Watkins at Villa is decent but would cost too much i suppose. Plenty of better options out there than Origi and Shaqiri, but finding someone who would be happy starting most games on the bench won't be easy.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I feel we should be targeting a midfielder that makes more of a contribution in the final third than Bissouma. I'd like to see us sign a real box to box type midfielder. Keita was meant to be such a player but it really looks like it's not going to work out for him at Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I feel we should be targeting a midfielder that makes more of a contribution in the final third than Bissouma. I'd like to see us sign a real box to box type midfielder. Keita was meant to be such a player but it really looks like it's not going to work out for him at Liverpool
    Yeah if bissouma is our only midfield target I’d be disappointed. Though his style would fit in with our current midfield I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    We've been after one of those for 6 years, they are either like goldust, or Klopp's looking in the wrong places.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I was thinking there when I looked at the high probability of no champions league next year, how strange a season it has been. Who would have thought we'd have to rebuild so soon after a title?

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I forgot Iheanacho started out at City. Watkins at Villa is decent but would cost too much i suppose. Plenty of better options out there than Origi and Shaqiri, but finding someone who would be happy starting most games on the bench won't be easy.
    Yeah spot on Spurs have the same problem as Kane is nailed on starter.

Daka would be the man if available at £20m but I suspect he might go to Leipzig and follow his current manager.

Ivan Toney looks very good at Brentford got nearly 30 goals yeah lower league but he seems to step up each level like a duck to water.

I doubt we will go for him but he is worth keeping an eye on good age, pace, good fitness record, good in the air and scores goals.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    I was thinking there when I looked at the high probability of no champions league next year, how strange a season it has been. Who would have thought we'd have to rebuild so soon after a title?
    No need to rebuild. Just get injured players back and add to the squad with top class players.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We've been after one of those for 6 years, they are either like goldust, or Klopp's looking in the wrong places.
    They seem to be getting rarer these days but Sabitzer is one that is interesting and with only 12 months left on his contract

Whoever we sign in midfield, hopefully at least 2, they need to be a lot better with the ball than all our midfielders who aren't Hendo or Thiago

Really don't know what should be done with Fab, end of the day he's a destroyer it is in every fibre of his body to seek out tackles and want to leave one on players and charge into situations leaving a gaping hole where he's just come from, which is absolutely brilliant for a side who doesn't boss possession and plays on the counter a lot as we still were when we signed him, but we're not that side anymore and we're crying out for another No6 more like Hendo who's more positionally astute and a lot better at passing the ball than Fab
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'll be honest, as much as I want us to be back to our very best, I just don't feel it, it's an autistic spectrum thing, I don't like change, you may or may not know that a strong feature of autism is an an obsession with mechanics and how things work, it works that way with football too, I'm very quick to recognise team mechanics and the development of what I call automation and it being broken through changes.

When things change as they did, I have a severe adverse reaction to it and a really strong disconnect, I can't help it, it's not a conscious thing, I don't decide to do it, I just can't believe in things, with that same unshakable belief and assurance I did before, however much I want to

A major part of my Liverpool disconnect started last season, you likely all know when and why, it caused a disconnect on numerous levels too, firstly that we'd played the best I had seen any side play in a very long time in a run of fifteen games, secondly that I've always believed in the Liverpool way, player is out for whatever reason, player comes in and plays better than that player and most importantly the team plays better, player who came in has the shirt and keeps it AND if it's not broken don't fix it and also on automation and mechanics, a huge part of the automation reaching its very peak was the midfield in that run, it reached its highest level of automation and precision in the system and when you have that, the other parts of the automation work better, and they did.

In that run Jurgen and Linders themselves came out 4 times saying they didn't believe in perfection, but the press and counter press had been as near to it as possible, reinforcing all my points above, why change it? Did Redknapp stick Bale back at LB and play Kranjcar again when he was fit? Did even Brenny drop Ihenacho when Maddison and others players were back and revert to what had worked, only not as well, prior to enforced changes that saw Ihenacho playing alongside Vardy? No on both counts, you just don't do it and I 'don't feel it' because I just don't think despite declaring near press and counter press perfection in four games in that fifteen, it's like none of them even recognised why, what the reasons for it were

Jurgen spoke about everything being about a solid base, true in a sense, but the automation in the other 8 outfield players, the 3 forwards, 3 mids and 2 full backs, was so incredibly potent at its best, that would have protected whichever 2 CBs we played far better than anything else they tried

Then there was the messing about with other relationships that were brilliant for us and even our playing style that had made us so successful and asking players who had done certain things so brilliantly in winning us the title not to do those things, it's really tough for a person of my dispositions to keep the faith through all of that flaunting of what I have always believed to be golden rules and the Liverpool Way, to me none of it made any sense, it's been an absolutely miserable season for me, I've only seen us look like Liverpool a few times all season, it's not fatigue, it's not burn out, it's through changing things

And it started in the game v Southampton at Anfield last season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”