Page 413 of 659 FirstFirst ... 313363403406407408409410411412413414415416417418419420423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Kind of missed the point on this lad, he does play the short to medium killer balls for assists AND is also a fantastic crosser of the ball, there are 3 or 4 examples in his exploits this season of doing what Thiago is renouned for, playing a pass that takes 3 or 4 players out of the game only his aren't to find a player who then has to assist, they're direct assists with 5-15 yard short passes
    I didn’t miss it - just saying we would need to find another 3 to be able to play like that Barca side. To make it a weapon. Have to go all in for that.

Doubt it could work with a hybrid of any of our current crop bar Thiago. That would be 2 - which would give you less than 1 prime Luka Modric. A once in a generation talent.

We would need to find at least another 2 at Rodrigo’s level to make it effective. I would be all in for it too - but FSG are not going to pay for that it even if these players are available.

We are caught between capturing a Luka Modric and losing him to a Barca or Real - and - developing a system on a budget that can never last - even with fortune on the injury front like we had from 2018 - 2020.

As we both know - we are competing with state sponsored crooks like shitty - billionaire owned toys like Chelsea and clubs that will spend whatever it takes like United.

Without Klopp - it looks a struggle. So while I am concerned at who we sign - it’s the manager that worries
    Me most.

Klopp on Man City: "Great achievement. I text Pep and Ilkay. Really well done. A very difficult year and in the world football. What they have achieved is exceptional. It's always like this when you have financial sources and football knowledge. Incredible squad, best manager."

I think that's the first time I've heard him mention money. Sly dig at FSG? I hopefully so.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

They needed defenders and went out and spent 65 and 45 million for 2 in a pandemic..no one other club on earth not even PSG spent that. they have an advantaged in that sense. we got a loan defender and another for a million and half
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Klopp on Man City: "Great achievement. I text Pep and Ilkay. Really well done. A very difficult year and in the world football. What they have achieved is exceptional. It's always like this when you have financial sources and football knowledge. Incredible squad, best manager."

I think that's the first time I've heard him mention money. Sly dig at FSG? I hopefully so.
    He said it all in January - the month which finished us off.

Only those who refuse to accept what he said....and that which is obvious...would deny that.

He said it point blank he has no control over transfer activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I didn’t miss it - just saying we would need to find another 3 to be able to play like that Barca side. To make it a weapon. Have to go all in for that.

Doubt it could work with a hybrid of any of our current crop bar Thiago. That would be 2 - which would give you less than 1 prime Luka Modric. A once in a generation talent.

We would need to find at least another 2 at Rodrigo’s level to make it effective. I would be all in for it too - but FSG are not going to pay for that it even if these players are available.

We are caught between capturing a Luka Modric and losing him to a Barca or Real - and - developing a system on a budget that can never last - even with fortune on the injury front like we had from 2018 - 2020.

As we both know - we are competing with state sponsored crooks like shitty - billionaire owned toys like Chelsea and clubs that will spend whatever it takes like United.

Without Klopp - it looks a struggle. So while I am concerned at who we sign - it’s the manager that worries
    Me most.
    I think for now Steveo, the trick is to buy a player like Rodrigo De Paul who can both add to our direct ability (also giving us very good options for how we deploy Trent in some games, maybe even to rest him a little more and play Gomez or Konate at RB) and who crucially has that quality and vision to play the through balls of 5, 10 ,15, 20 or 25 yards to assist directly and is a very good finisher.

I wanted Fernandes, I wanted him before he was even of the filthy's radar, I don't actually think we did miss out now I have seen De Paul, as I think his abilities, mentality and ferocious competitive nature and work ethic suit our team far better than Fernandes', whether or not we go all out to land De Paul who could make such an incredible difference remains to be seen, I sincerely hope he doesn't become another we let slip
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We are allegedly already in talks to sign De Paul, really hope this is true and comes to fruition

Get De Paul in the bag asap, then secure Donyell Malen from PSV who looks the most likely of the very good young forwards to be in our price range, very talented lad and would be a huge upgrade on the soon to be departing Origi and Bobby as he seems to link and initiate play then get into the box quite frequently

De Paul, Bissouma, Konate and Malen would not be a bad summer's business at all, it would be an exceptional summers business, I don't pay any attention to the persistent Sancho rumours, I don't see that one happening in a month of Sunday's

This is the PSV lad, Jurgen did say we had to look for the next top forward, wouldn't be at all surprised if there's some basis to the rumours of our interest in this lad, looks a great mix of instinctive goal scoring and poaching, taking a lot of his chances with first time strikes and timing when and where he arrives in the box immaculately, but there's a fair amount in here of him dropping off a little and looking to create and play other players in and also scoring a few incredible goals that no keeper in any league is going to stop and scoring goals with left foot, right foot headers and inside and outside the box, and boy does this lad have one hell of a powerful strike on him, little back lift and just absolutely smashes it, with accuracy.

Bit of a hybrid between the No9 many here want and Bobby, more of a No9, but has some very good link play too in my opinion which would appear to make him ideal, valued at 30m I believe and definitely leaving PSV in the summer, I wouldn't be surprised if this one happens, probably the best No9 for us to bring in, would fit our way of playing better than an out and out No9 target man or fox in the box like Haaland and isn't far behind Haaland in the goalscoring stakes but looks more likely to assist too. Like Haaland when he was at Salzburg, ready for the next step and the move to a bigger club in a more challenging league, the point in a players transition Jurgen has been talking about our needing to land the next Haaland or MBappe,

I'm definitely in for this one too, especially given Jurgen's penchant for making very good players into exceptional ones

Edit: Looks incredible value too at his market value, Daka would have been incredible value until Kanoute got him to commit to a new contract with a 70m release clause for his own benefit, so I think that particular ship has already sailed
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 12th May 2021 at 08:38 PM.

from the all the links I've seen so far it does look very much like were looking to refresh the squad with a few in key positions and at players who will enable us to play 433 or 4231 and be comfortable and productive in either formation, we all know that CCTV will be over the moon at this too, he can actually pick a 4231 formation in his your team posts, probably every one of them and we might actually have the players to play that formation at the close of our summers business as well as the 433

Not bad Nineteen not bad read he has the same agent as Pogba though the lad at PSV.

Mind he isnt high profile player so might be ok.

Where have you read about us being in talks with De Paul?