Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Ajax (Champion's League)

Unless they are as good as Villa...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Unless they are as good as Villa...
    lol. The annoying thing about that was, it wasn't even a good team that thrashed us. They will still finish at the wrong end of the table imo.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    ......Alisson/Adrian
    TAA Gomez Matip Robbo
    .......Hendo Fabinho
    Mane Firmino Jota
    ....Salah

Subs:
    Kelleher/Adrian, R.Williams, Milner, Gini, Jones, Minamino, Origi.
    100% no from me, WHY? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY move Matip, comfortably our best centre back after Virgil and by a distance, from the side of central defence in which he plays best to accomodate Gomez playing there when he hasn't ever reached matip's levels and in his last several games has been targeted by opposition teams as a weak weak point at RCB next to Trent and been found wanting badly, it's not fucking Championship manager, keep your best players in their best positions.

In Virgil's absence the thing that makes THE most sense and gives our defence better balance is having Matip at RCB next to Trent as he is our strongest defender and Gomez or Fabinho who are weaker between Matip and Robertson who is also far better, especially supported by Mane and Gini and now Thiago

Adrian

Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Henderson Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Bobby plays all day every day for me, a lot of people hugely under estimate the incredible work he does that helps Mane and Mo be more free and score more and Bobby usually starts the league season fairly slowly and starts to find his best form from when the Champions league starts and through his involvement in it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I kind of agree with you, but Fabinho is a very right sided player in my opinion. Has Matip ever played on the left side? , I can't remember.
    Wouldn't suggest Billy Koumetio for the Ajax game of course, but maybe in some league games. One thing he can do better than anyone else is head incoming high balls out of the box. He is taller than VVD and even taller than Klopp himself. His main problem is his distribution and his game nous.

BTW I completely agree with you about Bobby. I think some on here just don't understand the game or have never played it. All welcome on here which is right, but some peoples understanding is not great.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    BTW I completely agree with you about Bobby. I think some on here just don't understand the game or have never played it. All welcome on here which is right, but some peoples understanding is not great.
    Or the fact he just use to be a lot better and been off form for ages.... and getting worse at his "game"

Nothing about understanding, I think even klopp is starting to see it.

I don't understand how people can't see that? compare his performances to how he did before.

He's gone from being a top player to decent, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 18th October 2020 at 02:55 PM.

He plays deeper now and we concede less goals.
    I don't want to get into one of those long rambling arguments with you that takes over a whole thread, but why is understanding the game not relevant when discussing aspects of it?
    Nothing personal mate btw.

I kind of agree with you, but Fabinho is a very right sided player in my opinion. Has Matip ever played on the left side? , I can't remember.
    Wouldn't suggest Billy Koumetio for the Ajax game of course, but maybe in some league games. One thing he can do better than anyone else is head incoming high balls out of the box. He is taller than VVD and even taller than Klopp himself. His main problem is his distribution and his game nous.
    Fab played at LCB in place of Virgil in the 0-0 with Bayern in our Champions League winning season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He plays deeper now and we concede less goals.
    I don't want to get into one of those long rambling arguments with you that takes over a whole thread, but why is understanding the game not relevant when discussing aspects of it?
    Nothing personal mate btw.
    We are conceding more goals now than we have for a while so that's not strictly true. Concede less goals than a few season ago yes but not in the last 2 I'd say.
    Hes out of form, theres no getting away from that, that's why hes bring questioned at times. His work rate has never been up for debate but that should not mean you're a starter because you work hard. If he was in any other team with his scoring record n a side like ours over the last year questions would be asked by anyone.

He scored two for Brasil. Plays a bit of a different role.
    I feel this debate is just going round in circles. He's not an out and out striker.