Page 233 of 248 FirstFirst ... 133183223226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2478

Thread: Coronavirus and the impact on football

"Manchester City post £126m loss for disrupted 2019-20 season"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56653382

"City expect an immediate return to profit for the current season."

"A total loss of less than £60m per year is forecast over the two campaigns."

"Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said the club is "fundamentally strong, with committed shareholders and with significant assets, built carefully over a decade and upon more than a century of history"."

""Our long-term approach has meant that we are now not wholly dependent on income streams that have been most vulnerable to the ongoing impact of Covid-19," he added."

Wonder what their real losses have been?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

there wont be any loses. the income lost to no gate attendance will not come out of the clubs own finances it will be paid off by the owners. That's where their lies are uncovered.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Wait until it mutates again and the current vaccine is rendered useless
    That depends on the vaccine though, to some degree?

My immunology knowledge isn't really there, so apologies for the very crude/basic description, but if we think of Viruses as being little balls and they have hooks on them to attach to cells, then if you have a vaccine that was designed to nullify the hooks (like I think the Pfizer is, do correct me if I'm wrong) then the mutation of the virus doesn't change things too much, unless the shape of the hooks mutates, yes?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    "Manchester City post £126m loss for disrupted 2019-20 season"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56653382

"City expect an immediate return to profit for the current season."

"A total loss of less than £60m per year is forecast over the two campaigns."

"Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said the club is "fundamentally strong, with committed shareholders and with significant assets, built carefully over a decade and upon more than a century of history"."

""Our long-term approach has meant that we are now not wholly dependent on income streams that have been most vulnerable to the ongoing impact of Covid-19," he added."

Wonder what their real losses have been?
    They probably sold their premium boxes for astronomical prices to owners cousins etc. That's how they get an immediate return for the current season. Or another sponsorship from Etihad!

This is a brilliant summary of the mess we've got ourselves into from Dr John Lee. Well worth a view.

Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

It’s excellent, vary balanced and well worth a watch.

Balanced?
    It is just one scientists view.
    Got as far as 8 minutes
    Seemed like Covid is a better form of euthanasia.
    Health services not being overrun?
    Brazil? Italy? India ? UK ? USA?
    Bodies queuing in makeshift mortuaries and cemeteries?
    Many revered scientists would begger to differ but they are obviously not your revered scientists.
    This pandemic is not over yet until the poor world is over it too!
    And f*** it but that has repercussions for the business people who are in charge of football teams.
    Anyone who spends big must have deep pockets!
    They are not my major concern.
    I care for the little people.
    Current uk figures show deaths are rising at a rate of 1/1000 per people infected and the rate of infected people continues to rise exponentially.
    I think politicians are gambling.
    Their decisions appear to be more based on dates than data.
    This is still a new disease and the long-term Covid appears to almost cripple 1/10 of people who contract it.
    A huge concern.

What do you think the policy should be going forward, SR?

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    What do you think the policy should be going forward, SR?
    Certainly more caution Taksin nationwide and indeed more help worldwide everywhere. This is not like a flu and not to be compared to 1918. The repercussions of this virus are yet to be truly realised. This is amidst another crisis (amongst others) referred to as global warming whereby not only are people's homes disappearing but their islands and lands too! Should capitalism dictate and the rich few prosper?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Certainly more caution Taksin nationwide and indeed more help worldwide everywhere. This is not like a flu and not to be compared to 1918. The repercussions of this virus are yet to be truly realised. This is amidst another crisis (amongst others) referred to as global warming whereby not only are people's homes disappearing but their islands and lands too! Should capitalism dictate and the rich few prosper?
    Ah, well, you've lost me with bringing global warming into it.. the repercussions of the lockdowns have also not been fully realised, nor the repercussions of the vaccines. So that isn't an argument that convinces me.

I think you are putting safety above all other considerations - such as liberty, for example. And there are weird repercussions of placing safety above all other concerns, such as;

contact tracing, quarantine prisons, surveillance, censorship of opposition, loneliness, economic destruction, fear, anxiety etc etc

So unless you can say what 'more caution' adds up to, and why it will work, I am not with you, mate.