Page 397 of 659 FirstFirst ... 297347387390391392393394395396397398399400401402403404407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Konate has played a total of 12 games all season. 6 league 5 champions league 1 france under 21. 1 goal, 2 yellow cards. Injuries are alarming, another risk being taken. Do we really want another injury prone centre back?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    That’s where redmentv quoted it from...must be true. I’d take Mbappe and a side of Haaland for an apology
    Unfortunately with our fantastic loyal trustworthy owners, we wont be getting either. I can see Haaland going to Man City. Mbappe staying at PSG, because i cant see Real Madrid or Barcelona being able to finance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Konate has played a total of 12 games all season. 6 league 5 champions league 1 france under 21. 1 goal, 2 yellow cards. Injuries are alarming, another risk being taken. Do we really want another injury prone centre back?
    There were stories coming out of France 2 or 3 weeks back that Konate was undergoing incredibly stringent medical tests in France at Liverpool's request in order for them to be certain of his fitness and that he could be kept fit ahead of any potential move
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    I do share your concerns about him injury wise and have done for months when Rory Smith linked us ti him.

My guess is Leipzig as they have secured CL football possibly not want to play him in case he gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I guess this means either Kabak or Matip goes.
    I would think so mate. Probably Kabak as Joel Biscuit is under contract for the next decade on 25m per year for 7 fully fit games per season.
    In all lolzness I'd be surprised if we keep Kabak if big IbKo is signing.

What would anyone do with Mane?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The only excuse I can think of is that he is knackered both mentally and physically. He's had a poor season but he has been such a great player for the club that I'm not writing him off just yet. Give him 6 weeks off over the summer and see if we get the old Mane back. Having said that, if someone made a serious offer for him this summer it should be considered

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Try and convince him to stay. Looks like he has made his mind up a while ago.

Only players I'd be looking to move on with some urgency would be Shaq, Origi, Keita. I'm guessing Gini's contract isn't being renewed and that Ox will stay as part of our English contingent, although if we can meet that contingent and move him on I wouldn't mind at all, what's the point of him if he never plays even when fit?

a commanding CB and Fabian Ruiz would be my top targets

I remain to be convinced by Fab, I don't think he reads the game well enough, he's cost us 3 goals in the last 5 games, leaving Modric v Real, McGinn v Villa and trying to make a block and deflecting the ball into our net when Willock could otherwise only shoot straight at Big Bear, he just steams into situations seemingly entirely oblivious of where other players are on the pitch who he is leaving space for them to run into. How we play it is an absolutely vital part of any midfielders game we sign that they can read the game superbly, be an exceptional part of our press and counter press, understand when to press and when not to press and not regularly let the press get broken, and as much as so many of you love him leaving one on a player, he doesn't have those other essential qualities
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The only excuse I can think of is that he is knackered both mentally and physically. He's had a poor season but he has been such a great player for the club that I'm not writing him off just yet. Give him 6 weeks off over the summer and see if we get the old Mane back. Having said that, if someone made a serious offer for him this summer it should be considered
    The reason I asked about him specifically (someone correct me if I am wrong here) is that unlike some of our other players, his contract expires at the end of 22/23, rather than 23/24.

If he is in decline (we don't know if he is, or if it's just a bad season, or long Covid) we don't want to extend his contract and find ourselves stuck with a player who isn't pulling their weight. He has a lot of credit in the Footballing Bank with us, but we don't want the sort of situation Arsenal find themselves in - an "Ozil" situation would be so wasteful.

Equally though we wouldn't want to let him reach a stage where he has one year on his contract - or none and the capacity to leave us for free when we could have received money for him.

So if he has 2 years left on his contract right now and is unlikely to find his value going up, cashing in and reinvesting is an option we have to give serious thought to, right?