Page 399 of 659 FirstFirst ... 299349389392393394395396397398399400401402403404405406409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 6589

Thread: Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We sure could use some Wood.. He’s from down under too.

Just scored a hat trick at Wolves . 0:3 Burnley.

Sign him up..
    He's actually from New Zealand. I wish he was Australian, we haven't had a decent striker in years...

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The only excuse I can think of is that he is knackered both mentally and physically. He's had a poor season but he has been such a great player for the club that I'm not writing him off just yet. Give him 6 weeks off over the summer and see if we get the old Mane back. Having said that, if someone made a serious offer for him this summer it should be considered
    I think everyone needs to cut our players some slack in the * war of attrition no fans never playing a settled side and missing several key players and the fans throughout season

Our lads have reached the levels they did giving their absolute everything in every game for our incredible fans, with their vociferous support

A huge part of our entire ethos for being as brilliant and successful as we have been is Jurgen fully understands the power of our fans and he tapped into that and used it brilliantly and educated all our players to understand and appreciate how brilliant and unique our fans are and to use the power of our fans to inspire them and help them reach higher levels and that to never take it for granted and to give everything they had in every game for those fans.

The pinnacle of everything they do being for the fans should have been lifting No19 after a 30 years wait, an open top bus tour and parade the likes of which had never been seen before, completely eclipsing the celebrations of the No6 homecoming and the following season of stadiums full of those fans even more bouyant and vociferous than ever, belting out their songs and songs of the great team that ended the 30 year wait

Covid and the bungling Tory Gov took all of that away from them, the moment of crowning glory to spur them on to even greater heights has been stolen from them and our brilliant fans

And THAT is what and why we're seeing in so many of the lads being well below their usual exceptional ever increasing standards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    He's actually from New Zealand. I wish he was Australian, we haven't had a decent striker in years...
    Like gold dust globally right now. To be fair they usually are. Hardest job in football is scoring goals. That’s why they cost the big bucks.

Like gold dust globally right now. To be fair they usually are. Hardest job in football is scoring goals. That’s why they cost the big bucks.
    Our lads make it look like the hardest job in the world...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

He's a unit that Wood, a real handful. He's looked decent the just few times I've watched him so he might end up getting a move.

I know nothing about him - just found it funny to suggest we needed some Wood - that and the fact he got a hat trick so quick at Wolves. May not score again for the rest of the season.

I know nothing about him - just found it funny to suggest we needed some Wood - that and the fact he got a hat trick so quick at Wolves. May not score again for the rest of the season.
    Fun fact. Wood is one of only 6 players to reach double figures for goals for the past 4 seasons running. The others are Salah, Lacazette, Kane, Son and Vardy. I can see him making a move to someone like West Ham

FSG Should make amends by shelling out for Mbop

And get Suarez back

Suarez couldn't wait to leave, I wouldn't want him back.