Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury/Covid infection Update Thread 20/21

Matip Gomez
    Gonna be fun

Hoping for an Alisson speedy recovery.
    That will help the back 4.

Nathaniel Phillips on the bench then.
    Cannot rely on the 18yos

Bali that just has to be lost in translation, the rest of us are totally mortified by the news.

I guess even if back in April he will be eased back in like Oxlade was over a few months.

Then he goes maybe to the Euros frigging internationals... grrr

Maybe Gonez and Matip will take more responsibility.
    Leadership.
    Both are too nice.
    Both aren't very vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Matip Gomez
    Gonna be fun

Hoping for an Alisson speedy recovery.
    That will help the back 4.

Nathaniel Phillips on the bench then.
    Cannot rely on the 18yos
    Fabinho will play at CB more

"excited" isn't the word i'd use atm to describe it balinkay but i'm sure you don't mean it like how it sounds obviously!

Villa have already put 7 past us this season, and now we don't have VVD

Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    It's a bit perverted, I know, but I am genuinely very interested to see how we'll deal with this.
    I'm going out on a limb and say not very well...

I think I can say for certainty that we would not have won a European Cup and League title without him. I'd have 'sacrificed' any other player to keep him fit. Klopp aside he's had the biggest influence on this club since he signed.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I assume there is a January transfer window? If we can get that far in reasonable shape, maybe we can get someone in. Should have kept Lovren.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Should have replaced Lovren SB

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I'm going out on a limb and say not very well...

I think I can say for certainty that we would not have won a European Cup and League title without him. I'd have 'sacrificed' any other player to keep him fit. Klopp aside he's had the biggest influence on this club since he signed.
    I cannot disagree with anything you've said there. Not really. And yet... I don't know... let's see how good we are without him. That's an intriguing prospect, Shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Bali that just has to be lost in translation, the rest of us are totally mortified by the news.
    Unfortunately it's not. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely devastated at the news - real talk here, we can kiss any chance we'd have had at the title or CL goodbye. But I can't help but feel this sort of challenge is something I've not seen this Liverpool team get through yet. I see it as a potential for a triumph and rush of adrenaline even greater than the last two years. Can you imagine the scenes if we end up winning one of the big two with no VVD and no Alisson for a significant period of time? It'll be fucking glorious! That's the melancholic romantic teen in me speaking, but this is the shite legend is made of.

This team has shown it's no sin to mention it in the same breath as our all-time greats. Let's see if it can force its way into the conversation as to who tops that list.

Edit: And in a way it takes the pressure off us. Noone will expect us to do extremely well without that colossus. That might show us a side to some other players like Joeresi we've not seen yet.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 18th October 2020 at 06:46 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Not surprised, my initial reaction was he'd been hobbled by thugford.
    Klopp demeanour coming out for the second half was one of a gutted man.