Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 match ban for simulation.

2 match ban for simulation.

Another grey area that will create more problems than it will solve imo. Not every time a player goes down without being touched are they trying to gain an advantage, the game is so quick some players genuinely slip over in the move. There will be a lot of unwarranted suspensions from next season. They should concentrate more on the high, two footed and late challenges if they want to clean the game up, they are the ones that could end a player's career.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Another grey area that will create more problems than it will solve imo. Not every time a player goes down without being touched are they trying to gain an advantage, the game is so quick some players genuinely slip over in the move. There will be a lot of unwarranted suspensions from next season. They should concentrate more on the high, two footed and late challenges if they want to clean the game up, they are the ones that could end a player's career.
    Agree with you, it'lll cause a shitstorm. Another strong case for video evidence to brought in. Football has to be the only major sport in the world now that is not using it.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree with you, it'lll cause a shitstorm. Another strong case for video evidence to brought in. Football has to be the only major sport in the world now that is not using it.
    Isn't this basically video evidence post factum?

I think it's a good change - there will be mistakes for sure but I recon a lot more diving will be punished than it is now.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Isn't this basically video evidence post factum?

I think it's a good change - there will be mistakes for sure but I recon a lot more diving will be punished than it is now.
    Yes but it would be better if things could be done in real time rather than retrospectively. Its still not going to change results of games its been affected by if its not done in that game.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yes but it would be better if things could be done in real time rather than retrospectively. Its still not going to change results of games its been affected by if its not done in that game.
    It won't that's true but the idea long term is that it's a deterrent.
    "He likes having the ball, playing football, passes it's like an orchestra, but it's a silent song, yeah? I like heavy metal more."

What r4l said. Agree real time checks would be better, but I'm not sure that's feasible.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Looks like the first step to in game video/fourth official. See how the judgements are with lots of time before bringing it in to the game in real time.

Agree it should be a deterrent. Think Lucas's blatant dive is the only time this season a manager has called out his own player for diving.

Agree with skyebo the nasty challenges should be first up and dealt with more severely. And ignore if the ref says he saw it, overrule the ref even if he saw it arseways.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Looks like the first step to in game video/fourth official. See how the judgements are with lots of time before bringing it in to the game in real time.

Agree it should be a deterrent. Think Lucas's blatant dive is the only time this season a manager has called out his own player for diving.

Agree with skyebo the nasty challenges should be first up and dealt with more severely. And ignore if the ref says he saw it, overrule the ref even if he saw it arseways.
    Well, remember Fowler vs Arsenal.
    As soon as he bundled over he called himself out for no penalty, even if the ref gave it.
    If players 'know' they might get disciplined for a fake dive or slip, they could immediately put up their hand in error, rather than roll around like a soft twat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUrcX6kpkU0
    Once a Red,
    you'll never walk alone

Class. Still my favourite LFC player. The sad face on Seaman

I'm all for it and simulation is one area that could be wiped out entirely with this sort of retrospective ban. It's really very easy to spot most of the time.

What will likely happen though, is that there's a flurry of bans in the first month or so and then it fizzles out, as the refs and everyone else lose interest. Remember Mascherano being sent off for the new (then) respect the refs rules. How many players have been sent off for disrespect since?
    My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.