Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappe

Kylian Mbappe

Sky and BBC are quoting marca saying that we have had a €75m bid rejected with Monaco holding out for €100.

If it's true then it's a pretty big statement but also a pretty big gamble if we push further to chase him.

He's had a great year winning the league and scoring goals in Europe, but is he right for us at that money? His wages could ruffle a few feathers in the club and many a more experienced player wilted upset the pressure of playing for Liverpool. He's been involved in 40 goals with 26 scored and 14 assists.

Could we do better? Are we fooling ourselves? He definitely looks the ticket.
    is it wrong to use your unfair advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by Craoibhe Rua View Post
    Sky and BBC are quoting marca saying that we have had a €75m bid rejected with Monaco holding out for €100.

If it's true then it's a pretty big statement but also a pretty big gamble if we push further to chase him.

He's had a great year winning the league and scoring goals in Europe, but is he right for us at that money? His wages could ruffle a few feathers in the club and many a more experienced player wilted upset the pressure of playing for Liverpool. He's been involved in 40 goals with 26 scored and 14 assists.

Could we do better? Are we fooling ourselves? He definitely looks the ticket.
    Looks the business. Very young but speculation is that its Marca being mischievous as they are basically real's newspaper and they want him. Id be shocked if it was true to be honest.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Yeah, Marca are very likely to be playing and Mbappe has already name dropped real, but ...... apart from the mischief making, would you spend £70m on him and pay £130 per week?

I wouldn't spend that much on him, at least when the fee is concerned. I find the wages slightly less abhorrent.

But more importantly, I doubt we're in a position to take such a financial gamble.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Yeah, Marca are very likely to be playing and Mbappe has already name dropped real, but ...... apart from the mischief making, would you spend £70m on him and pay £130 per week?
    No. We would get something much more proven than him for that money but I could see FSG being up for it and making him LFCs poster boy for a few years.
    The defining moments in our lives are never planned.

Monaco were expecting him to be as good as he has been. This lad hasn't popped up unexpectedly as such.

I'd welcome him, other options aubemayang, lewa, Luis, all mid 20s and more proven and known fitness status by and large. Whereas you never really know with younger players- still developing.

Think he'll end up at real Madrid myself, maybe after another year at Monaco.

Does anyone really think that we're going to go from spending circa £30m for a player, on what three occasions, to spending that much on one player? Get real!

In the here and now and under these owners, if we buy one player approaching £50m I would be surprised and I think it's much more likely that we'll buy one or two £30m players, a couple more cheaper players, a 'free' or two and some youth players. If anyone is expecting more than that, I think you're going to end up very disappointed come the summers end. The main reason FSG hired Klopp is because of his record of doing things on the cheap.

Rumours like this are circulated by others to stir up interest in a player and/or to act as clickbait, nothing more.

the whole world is click bait 19, my query was if you'd buy him.

Plus I think we'll spend close to £130m on 3 players.

the whole world is click bait 19, my query was if you'd buy him.

Plus I think we'll spend close to £130m on 3 players.
    Yes, I would, he seems to be the next best thing that most of the big clubs are wanting. They can't all be wrong can they.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

I don't believe it for a minute...more FSG spin, season tickets must be selling slow or something, let's just see now, 30 million pounds or over...hmmmmm, Big Andy Carroll...Torres sold 50 million....Loren 20 million, Markovic 20 million, Llalana 25 million, Ballotelli 16 million....Suarez sold 65 million...Benteke 32 million and Firminio 21 million....Sterling sold...44 million and last season they brought in Mane and Wijnaldum and other transfers set us back 62 million yet we received back in 77 million pound from various sales. The point I am making is that we only shell out big money around the 30 million pound mark when we have sales in money that balances out and this summer I don't really see who we can sell to give us funds for players costing more than 25 million.
    The other point is the player himself...does anybody really think the player would come to a Club like ours...he might of come 30 years ago but certainly not now surely he wants champions league clubs who appear all the time and clubs that will win trophies and we tick none of those boxes in all fairness....